Couple T avocado oil
3 smallish sweet potatoes
2 smallish apples
1 smallish onion
6 c vegetable broth, I used better than bouillon
1 c heavy cream
Few cloves garlic

***I did not add any salt other than what’s in the BTB

Cooked onion and garlic in oil until light brown, then added potatoes and apples, cooked about five mins. Added broth, covered and simmered until produce was soft. Blended with immersion blender and added heavy cream.

This is really good, but too salty I think. Next time will use enough BTB for five cups broth with six cups water. I may also add one extra potato and one extra apple, or use larger produce next time.

This would be excellent with unsweetened coconut cream instead of dairy cream.
Made a second batch, the potatoes were dry when I cut them and I wanted to use them up. Tried adding half a jar of roasted red peppers and a can of coconut cream instead of dairy. Meh, I think I’m going to add a little heavy cream to it, the peppers might have been too much but it’s edible.

Hand watered a few things this morning and a hummingbird came to drink from the hose :love
I was watching a program on PBS about humming birds,, Very interesting. I am guessing your hummingbird was ether on their migratory way, or are already in their winter stay over.
We do get them here in Chitown. I used to feed them with the red juice feed. (you know, the special feed stuff) :old I discontinued for 2 reasons.
The liquid feed seemed to go bad sometimes, so I had to refresh often. Not sure of reason.
2nd, reason,,, and probably my main reason for not placing feeder.
If there was a supply of food, the hummingbirds sometimes did not start migration at correct time of season. The end result for a late start to go south.... well you know the result. :(
So my attitude now,,,,,, birdies,:frow,, help yourself to all the nectar from my flowers. When that runs low,,,, fly south.:hugs

I was watching a program on PBS about humming birds,, Very interesting. I am guessing your hummingbird was ether on their migratory way, or are already in their winter stay over.
We do get them here in Chitown. I used to feed them with the red juice feed. (you know, the special feed stuff) :old I discontinued for 2 reasons.
The liquid feed seemed to go bad sometimes, so I had to refresh often. Not sure of reason.
2nd, reason,,, and probably my main reason for not placing feeder.
If there was a supply of food, the hummingbirds sometimes did not start migration at correct time of season. The end result for a late start to go south.... well you know the result. :(
So my attitude now,,,,,, birdies,:frow,, help yourself to all the nectar from my flowers. When that runs low,,,, fly south.:hugs
We have them year round and I do make sure we have plenty of flowers for them!

Hubs took this at the park today
123_1.jpeg

Love seeing the photos IM!
Hubs took this at the park today
View attachment 3703741

This one is like seeing double :lol:

Me, holding Hope I think. I remember wearing layers because it was frigid in the hospital room
View attachment 3703744

What a sweet picture ❤️

Bullet, this picture always makes me think of
the movie Gremlins.

View attachment 3703752

And this guy, we already talked about...don't let his smile fool you
Screen Shot 2023-12-12 at 3.26.03 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom