Full Mottle(d) Jacket.. - my journey to a colorful coop...

Did some wild guessing about the sex of the "outdoor-gang" now 25 days old. I had nine, I tried to feathersexing the first couple of days and was at 4 cockerels and 5 pullets (more guessing than knowing) Then I sold 4 (I kept those promising in color) and it seems of the five remaining are 3 cockerels... Two two surely who are getting slightly red on the comb.

Attachments

• IMG_4541.jpeg
    IMG_4541.jpeg
    587.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4543.jpeg
    IMG_4543.jpeg
    729 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4521.jpeg
    IMG_4521.jpeg
    893 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4528.jpeg
    IMG_4528.jpeg
    653.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4524.jpeg
    IMG_4524.jpeg
    584.9 KB · Views: 4
My five millefleurs are doing great, although I had to help two of the out of there shrink-wrapped membrane, they are thriving. One seem's to be a bit behind in molding, having a rather despicable look; we'll se how that will turn out. But to my surprise, no mottles in sight, but I was assured it's normal with this color... fingers crossed

Attachments

• IMG_4552.jpeg
    IMG_4552.jpeg
    771.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4558.jpeg
    IMG_4558.jpeg
    730.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4554.jpeg
    IMG_4554.jpeg
    631.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4564.jpeg
    IMG_4564.jpeg
    778 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4567.jpeg
    IMG_4567.jpeg
    682.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
IMG_4546.JPG

JC is getting some gray specs in the wings, but very light. Maybe he's a very light blue, or even a splash, time will tell.

Seems we got ourselfs a little guy here, definitely I'd say, very light mottled buff, maybe with blue , can't wait for him to be fully feathered. Got a second one same color scheme maybe a pullet, we'll see.

Attachments

• IMG_4599.jpeg
    IMG_4599.jpeg
    324.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4598.jpeg
    IMG_4598.jpeg
    440.7 KB · Views: 3
Yeah me too. Originally I wanted only classic mille fleurs, but there is a variety of mottled colors which are very pleasing on the eye. I'll experiment a little with those.

IMG_4624.JPG

Brother & sister at 4 weeks, both very light buff with a lot of white mottles, the pullet seems definitely blue, not black and the cockerel its a bit darker but not really black. If I'm right I have two blue mille-fleur, it's kind of a jackpot ;) I'm fairly sure it's from my mille-fleur hen and buff-blue tail rooster, but I put another five of the same pair into the brooder yesterday... I might get additional blue mille-fleur.

IMG_4658.JPG

Same pullet, but different cockerel buff-blacktail (ou blue) on the right, when I compare the two colors, the pullet is less buff than light brown. Still so many weeks to wait before seeing the final color... Did I mentioned, patience is not mine ? :rolleyes::cool:

IMG_4828.jpeg
"Just visited" a local chick-fair, marché au poussin" in French, and to my pleasure they had quite a good stock of young Chabo in nearly every color available. I cracked on two golden neck (?) - I'm having trouble with the different European names and the genie definitions for my mottled program, and while I'm all for colors, I acquired a blackface black and a chocolate pullet to go with my "monochromatic" coop ;)

Back
Top Bottom