GA, SC, NC & Florence prep

FeatherstoneFrm

Songster
Aug 1, 2014
Appling, GA
I'm in GA, near Augusta and in wondering what everyone is doing to prepare for the storm.
My 9 chickens are in a dog kennel with a tarp over the top and a pallet coop inside. Not the strongest structure, I know, but I didn't build it with a hurricane in mind. My plan is to build a bigger run and better coop in the spring but that's doesn't help us right now.
We're up high so flooding won't be a problem but wind and heavy rain will be.
I'm curious as to what others are doing to prepare their chickens. I have two wire crates,1 med, 1 large, and can bring them in the house if necessary.
What is everyone else doing?

I'm not in your area, but do have suggestions. When severe weather about to arrive,,,, Bring them into your house, or garage so they will be out of the severe weather. The storm will pass in time, and all you will have as an inconvenience is some chicken cleanup.:idunno It is best to keep chickens dry, Sounds like out in their kennel, they would most likely get wet. Many nasties can result from chickens being/getting wet.
WISHING YOU BEST AND HOPING STORM IS NOT DEVASTATING TO ALL THOSE IN AFFECTED AREA.,,,,,:hugs

I have reinforced my coop doors, windows and tie downs. Have extra food and water. I am letting them out to stretch their legs before rain and winds get here. Hoping they won't have to be locked up for a long time.
Prying for everyone in path of Florence. Stay safe.

Back
Top Bottom