Gazillions of buttons! What to do with them?

krcote

Songster
11 Years
May 21, 2008
Concord, NH
In helping my little old Gram clean out a junk room, she bestowed upon me her and her mother's century old button collection. While they are endearing to simply look at, I would like to to do something creative with them. Any ideas?

Women's brooches... and they would be awesome as Christmas presents for the other ladies in your family!
big_smile.png
You can put them on your purse, coat, sweater, hat...

I bet if you have some with rhinestones or fake pearls in them, you could dress up a pair of sandals by embroidering the straps with them.

I've made headbands, both for children and myself, by sewing a silk flower to a headband and placing a button in the center. The result is very cute and stylish.

Last edited:
Send them to Me!!!!
droolin.gif
I love buttons! My grandma had a button jar. It was an old dill pickle jar...3 feet high. Someone else got it when she died.
he.gif

They can be used to make necklaces, decorate quilts, picture frames...

Hey! Why not make a mosaic of a chicken to mount on your chicken coop? That would be AWESOME! Just get a pic of your favorite chicken, go to Kinkos and have it blown up to poster size, glue it to a board and start gluing on colored buttons... kinda like a paint by the number project. Then coat the whole thing with that Acrylic stuff. Voila! Instant masterpiece!
clap.gif

The art is awesome! Some of those buttons may be worth a few bucks. You may want to pick through them first. I have used them to glue in mass quantities around picture and mirror frames.

I saw a really cool hat that had buttons sewn all over it. Every single button was different. Stood ther for sveral minutes looking at them all. Hat was too small, and too expensive to be worth it, but it was fun to look at!

And I've also seen a jacket that 'stripes' that were actually buttons. Very 3-D effect!!

Back
Top Bottom