G'day from Inner West Sydney 'Stralia *Updated w/ Pics*

12thharmonic

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 18, 2008
Rhodes Australia
I did it, I signed up to the forum. I've been coming to this site heaps over the past couple of months. We will in a few days adopt two laying hens.
wee.gif
I have almost finished construction of our PVC trailer (More of a lawn sled). Coming up nice I think. Using a nice size second hand dog house and refurbing into a chook condo!
Gail and I live in Western Sydney, near the Olympic Park White Elephant.
lau.gif

Great site. You gotta love the internet. Whatever the interest, music, gardening, recording, politics, and now chooks! There's a place for everything.

Photos of trailer coming soon.

One Yank, One Pom
Together we make one Australian
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif
bun.gif

Go The Mighty Bunnies!

UPDATE!!!!!
Picks of mostly completed Austral-American Chuck/Canestoga/PVC/Sled Wagon Chook Pen!

18759_pic00546.jpg
18759_pic00551.jpg

18759_pic00536.jpg

Gail's Lillies started blooming too. First ever bulbs. She's a happy woman.!
I will post a detailed construction entry to my blog soon.

Thanks for the gracious welcomes. I feel right at home already.
Now we need the chooks to move in. Any day I think.
big_smile.png

What remains is the nesting perch and box, ribs on the ladder, paint the house, a minor roof re engineering is needed.
hmm.png
No worry though. The whole PVC frame is skinned w/ chicken wire. The roof and walls can be removed and not create an insecure pen.
Not Bad for a novice!
cool.png

Last edited:
Quote:
12thharmonic.net is our blog (lack of posting due to other projects). The name comes from a mix of mathmatical influences. I am a musician, and an audio engineer. So harmonics apply. The 12th fret harmonic is a favorite with guitarists. My partner has a thing for astrology. Not that love sign nonsense. The more in depth observance of the sun and planets.

So harmonics all around.
Math is the language nature uses to explain itself to us.

Clear as Mud?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom