GEESE. Also, I’m new.

Berd Man

Songster
Jan 13, 2023
Indiana
Hello, I’m Goose Smith. I’ve lurked around reading here but now I’m out here in the open. Nice to meet ya.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I started raising fowl in spring of 2022, still less than a year ago upon this post date. I was around chickens and animals from a young age. Now I have my own land.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

26 chickens and a trio of geese.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Chicken: Black Copper Marans, Wyandottes, Easter Eggers, Prairie Bluebells

Geese: Tolouse, African, Chinese

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I like chickens for fresh eggs. I also use them in a composting operation. The geese, I much prefer to chickens but they don’t lay as many eggs as I like.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Reading, playing music
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I also have two dogs. One has three legs.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I have known about the forum/ community for a few years, maybe since 2018. I finally went public because I wanted to talk to like minded people and share resources, trade, etc…

Hello, I’m Goose Smith. I’ve lurked around reading here but now I’m out here in the open. Nice to meet ya.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I started raising fowl in spring of 2022, still less than a year ago upon this post date. I was around chickens and animals from a young age. Now I have my own land.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

26 chickens and a trio of geese.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Chicken: Black Copper Marans, Wyandottes, Easter Eggers, Prairie Bluebells

Geese: Tolouse, African, Chinese

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I like chickens for fresh eggs. I also use them in a composting operation. The geese, I much prefer to chickens but they don’t lay as many eggs as I like.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Reading, playing music
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I also have two dogs. One has three legs.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I have known about the forum/ community for a few years, maybe since 2018. I finally went public because I wanted to talk to like minded people and share resources, trade, etc…
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom