Geese filling their pool with rocks?!

clbarley

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 14, 2012
Clatskanie, Oregon
So I was wondering if anyone is having the same problem I am. We have 3 african geese and they have full access to a kiddie pool all day and at night when I go to dump it, I actually have to scoop out rocks, and I mean a ton of rocks, just to dump it......anyone know why they do this? Or have a group that do the same thing! Thanks!

The rocks are in our soil we have a really rocky area. We live on top of a mountain. So they dig them out and put them in. I have never seen them do it, but find it all the time. I just thought it was really odd!

You can move them from the rocks but they will still put them in there but a lot less of them. Mine because we have a lot of nut trees put nuts in there all the time. I find both rocks and nuts in their water. Plus they make mud pies with the water all the time as well....

because they like to laugh at you lifting the pool
hide.gif

Mine put rocks in their big pool. They never put them in their cat pan where I soften alfalfa and timothy cubes for them since we don't have much grass, although I have caught them preening in the cat pan.

Back
Top Bottom