Geese with some pink feathers

jakejake101

In the Brooder
Mar 7, 2016
hi, I have recently noticed, two of my geese/goslings, have quite a few pink, scruffy feathers on there wings, they are nearly one, in February... but is it normal for them to have a few pink feathers? Also they are embden geese. They have quite a healthy diet, graze a lot, gets given veg + fruits and mixed corn/pellets... so I don’t understand why it’s happening and would it go? If it is a problem how should I treat/deal with it? My other geese which are adults, don’t have this problem, I don’t think it’s a problem, to do with cleaning, as they are wash? But could be I’m not too sure. I have heard, that some birds can get pink feather due to mouldy foods, but they never have any mouldy foods, if they did, I should notice it in my three adults, in total I have 5, 3 adults and two goslings/juveniles. (Goslings are the ones with pink feather). Could it be mud? Not waterproof or another thing! Please could someone help me, I would be very grateful. Thank you.

It’s just a lights pink on the back feathers, of the wings, I have heard apple cider vinegar can boost feathers, is that true, can you use normal apple cider vinegar from the shops? And how would you apply it, if it works? Or is there any other treatments, what would be needed to boost the feathers?

The apple cider vinegar does improve health on birds, though a smaller effect on geese compared to chickens. ACV is not applied directly to the goose. Most people add in a few tablespoons into their water for them to drink, and the geese hardly notice the change. Yes, you can use normal apple cider vinegar.

I have a sebasapol gander with pink feathers he's not a happy bird will nibble at grass and mix corn but not happy he has grass which he nibbles at and I give dandelions to eat but he is not in preening himself he just stands in his pond while the 2 girls are happy eating he's not interested in them at all its not like him it as he's normally aggressive this time of year. The thing is all this started when he had his moult and not been right since .
I could put a photo up but not sure how to .

This is his feathers what can I do to make him better .

Attachments

• 20240406_082358.jpg
    20240406_082358.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240406_082421.jpg
    20240406_082421.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom