Gender and breed help for rescued beauty. Approx 16 wks old. TYIA!

Shewstock

Songster
Jan 8, 2022
20220822_085311.jpg 20220822_090244.jpg

Attachments

• 20220822_085241.jpg
    20220822_085241.jpg
    670.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
She came from an abusive foul mouthed jerk living in Indian Mound TN. He should NOT be allowed to be a member of BYC! He should be blocked and NEVER SOLD ANY ANIMAL!! EVER! The soles of her feet are the same as her feet tops and legs. No feathering seen at this time. Those that have replied, the true experts, I'd really like to learn how to tell sex of teens. What are you looking for? I'm by myself so it would be difficult for me to take a picture of the soles of her feet. But watching her walk, I see no change in color. Thank you for teaching me anything you can! I do not want to name the pos that I rescued them from. But he has been blocked from every TN Chicken group. He uses voice recordings to communicate rather than typing. He threatened me and 2 other females physical harm! We have those recordings he left us! I had a thermometer that registered 128 degrees in the barn I got them out of. They were starved, had no water and hardly any feathers or down. Eaten up with lice and mites!! 21 rescued! Amazingly all survived and are gorgeous! I've got 4 babies left. I'm keeping them. My 2 posts from today are of my babies. Sorry for the rant. That all happened in June and I'm still out of sorts about it! People, BE AWARE OF SCAMMERS! He's been caught by another group admin!

She came from an abusive foul mouthed jerk living in Indian Mound TN. He should NOT be allowed to be a member of BYC! He should be blocked and NEVER SOLD ANY ANIMAL!! EVER! The soles of her feet are the same as her feet tops and legs. No feathering seen at this time. Those that have replied, the true experts, I'd really like to learn how to tell sex of teens. What are you looking for? I'm by myself so it would be difficult for me to take a picture of the soles of her feet. But watching her walk, I see no change in color. Thank you for teaching me anything you can! I do not want to name the pos that I rescued them from. But he has been blocked from every TN Chicken group. He uses voice recordings to communicate rather than typing. He threatened me and 2 other females physical harm! We have those recordings he left us! I had a thermometer that registered 128 degrees in the barn I got them out of. They were starved, had no water and hardly any feathers or down. Eaten up with lice and mites!! 21 rescued! Amazingly all survived and are gorgeous! I've got 4 babies left. I'm keeping them. My 2 posts from today are of my babies. Sorry for the rant. That all happened in June and I'm still out of sorts about it! People, BE AWARE OF SCAMMERS! He's been caught by another group admin!
That's awful! I'm so glad you saved them!
As for sexing them, we look at comb development when they're under 12 weeks old, after 12 weeks old the cockerels will start growing in male-specific feathering and we will look for that. The cockerels will have pointy saddle, hackle, and sickle feathers and they will start to droop down, while the pullets feathers are rounded and not really drooping down.

Oh, ok!! I'm making a journal so I don't ask the same questions. I absolutely LOVE this app!! I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about chickens!! ☺I used this app to do my research before actually jumping off into the deep end. I'm so very glad I had this awesome tool, too!!!
Thank you so much for the lesson today!

Oh, ok!! I'm making a journal so I don't ask the same questions. I absolutely LOVE this app!! I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about chickens!! ☺I used this app to do my research before actually jumping off into the deep end. I'm so very glad I had this awesome tool, too!!!
Thank you so much for the lesson today!
BYC is an amazing community!
Your welcome!

Back
Top Bottom