Gender on Stray Chicken?

DuckFanatic

Songster
13 Years
Jun 15, 2009
AZ
Last night my neighbors called and said they had a chicken in their yard. We went over to attempt to catch it but it got dark so she flew up into one of their trees too high for us to reach. So bright and early this morning, my mom and I walked down to the neighbor's house and they said that the chicken was still in their yard. After some chasing I caught her and carried her home. She is being picked on by our hens but it takes time... we get to keep her! (if in fact she is a girl) I am 99.9% sure she is a pullet... but my ignorant sister insists she's roo
tongue.png
So, just to confirm that she is a girl, I would like to hear your opinions! She isn't at the age to lay yet.. her comb is still small and pink. The only reason she would look rooish is because she is very light compared to our other BR hens and she has long lanky legs, that i'm sure she will grow into.
smile.png
(sorry for the bad pics, she is fiesty!)
34412_noodles_sophie_and_puppies_032.jpg

34412_noodles_sophie_and_puppies_034.jpg

34412_noodles_sophie_and_puppies_039.jpg

(ETA- I know she is a barred rock
tongue.png
)

Last edited:
Quote:
well she has long feathers... it's also blurry.. and she has some missing tail feathers because when i caught her i grbbed her by the tail on accident.. but it is also a blurry pic because she was running
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom