Genetics Book

Shepicca

Songster
11 Years
May 16, 2008
Ontario, Canada
On the UPA web site there is an advertisement for a book on peafowl genetics and I was just wondering if anyone had it and was it worth the $25? I thought it might save me asking how to get certain colours from others all the time but I don't want to waste my money if it is just what has already been printed a hundred times on the internet.
thanks

Irene

""PEACOCK GENETICS MADE EASY
By FREDRICK C. HUEBNER

Over the years, many people have questioned me about peafowl genetics. Each person I have helped asks, "why don't you write a book explaining peafowl genetics?" It is my hope that by the end of the book anyone can figure out what the offspring will be when they mate bird A to bird B, or at least, what they might be.

ORDER TODAY
$25.00 includes shipping""

If that is the one that I am thinking about it is pretty old and out of date, people on here and a few on the UPA forum can help you with genetics.

D&M Farms (on this forum)

Texas Peafowl (would have to call)

Leggs Peafowl (may or may not help)

Backroads Farm (would have to call)

Thanks. I will save my money. I see the bill for the netting for my new pens just hit the visa so I might want to lay low for awhile<g>

Irene

Shepicca,, If your wanting advanced info on peafowl genetics, that is the book to get. This was written by Fred in colaboration with Brad Legg over a period of time. It is best if your very familure with the Punnets square and how it is used. The UPA also has printed a good book for people that raises and is just starting to raise Peafowl and the cost is about the same. Most of the info you read on the internet is derived from the same source. There are a few other places that has info on the breeding of Peafowl and you can find these buy just searching the web. Actually this book is difficult to get for some reason shipping is slow from Fred at times, If you want a handy book to study or just have on hand for reference get both of the books ( Freds and the UPA) From my point of view... George A Conner ,, VP United Peafowl Association

Thanks George. I do have the UPA book. Maybe once the busy summer season is over I will be able contact Fred about the Genetics book.

Irene

Back
Top Bottom