Gentle Hen for companion wanted in CT or NY border

thechickenfarmer

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Connecticut
I'm looking for a hen of a gentle breed to live in a small coop with my Salmon Faverolle, Ines. Ines is very gentle and needs either, another Faverolle or Ameraucana to keep her company. I would consider a Faverolle rooster if anyone has one. Winter is approaching and I'd like to get her a friend before it gets much colder. I'm in Northwestern CT but also close to NY border. Thanks, Jen

Preferably full grown, I've had her in a pen with some 7 month old Buff Orps. They've been getting along great until recently I've noticed Ines is missing a few back feathers. Ines is 2 years old and really needs a docile friend. Thanks

How about a sweet Black Wyandotte? There are a few others I could part with too.

Let me know if you'd like to come over for a look. I'm a half hour from Sharon, 25 minutes from Kent.

That I'd part with -
White cochins (two, big, close to three years old)
Amerucanas (we have a bunch, only a year and half old)
Black Wyandottes (I think would be your best bet - very docile birds)

Want to trade?

What do you have?

I cannot help with a friend for your SF but I can tell you that my SFs and my two giant cochins get along fabulously. The cochins are very docile and sweet too. My Splash Cochin lets my smallest faverolle sit under her wing.

A cochin, SF or Ameraucana...even an EE would be good company for her. good luck finding her a friend.

Back
Top Bottom