Gold Laced Orpington- For Learning and Sharing

Pics

deek

Songster
7 Years
Apr 6, 2012
South Georgia
The number of Gold Laced Orpington enthusiasts is growing. Hopefully this thread will unite us and we can promote this beautiful variety.

OK I have to be the first to post some pics!!
big_smile.png

GLOpair2-653x533.jpg

Oh my goodness this is going to be one beautiful thread.. Cant wait to see everybodys birds..Im so glad you started this Dee..I do not have these but sure enjoy looking at them and learning about them..It will also be fun to watch ideas and breeding for lacing , base color in this breed ect.......I sure cant offer any advise as I know nothing much about them..but I will just keep enjoying the breed through your pics and stories...
love.gif

Last edited:
No GL for me......yet. I plan on adding them this year or next. They are so pretty. The contrast between the gold and the black is so striking. Great thread Dee!!

I might have a few pictures
hide.gif
. I'd like to share the diversity in their down feather colors. I was used to the gold headed babies, but then as I searched worldwide, I began to see other chick colors. Now I'm seeing it with my test hatches. I will share this year's babies. I believe I am seeing the variation since they are from two different lines? Here are my fat babies. The last one was hatched last night...Cocoa

Last edited:
Is it a variety that you can feather sex this variety Dee? interesting how the down varies in color, one is almost a cinnamon color..I remember you were talking about the cinnamon color in one of the threasds, maybe you could post something about that in here

Please forgive if I have lot of typos..fell down last week on the ice..right wrist is still wrapped up..hurt my pride more than anything..

Back
Top Bottom