Golden Lakenvelders

tnokie

In the Brooder
13 Years
Jan 13, 2007
Got a roo and five hens at an auction tonight. They seem kind of flighty,does anyone have any?is this a trait or maybe they are just scared from being moved and handled. I was excited to get them for $6 each! They are rare around here.

Henderson's chicken chart is telling me that they "flyer, flighty, avoids human contact".

Chickenbox says they can fly 2.5m high and are "confidential, robust"

Another website says they are "rather wild and flighty"

We raise lakenvelders and I love them. They are a more active breed, great layers of white eggs, beautiful, excellent foragers, & generally non-broody. Mine are no more flighty than our other chickens, but I spend alot of time with our birds. Our kids show our lakenvelders and have gotten great compliments because they were NOT flighty. You will be amazed what some time and attention can do.
Have fun with your golden lakenvelders!
Christie
smile.png

We have a beautiful rooster(Javi) and his little gold hen. Ours are not flighty, but we spend a lot of time with them. Javi has recently turned into a real roo the last few months and it is necessary to sometimes carry a small broom, but he will eat out of your hand and sit on our laps in the afternoon.
wink.png
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom