Good Personality?

5Chickens

Songster
12 Years
Dec 13, 2007
which chickens have the good personality?Ones that are sweet to humans and other birds?Thank you for input.
big_smile.png

From what I've heard Barred Rocks and Orpingtons are sweet. You should ask Speckled Hen. I forgot what kind of chicken Meg is but she is really sweet and is one of Speckled's hens. She likes to be picked up and carried around from what I recall.

I have one Buff orpington..She is really nice, alittle bit too nice!! i have to be careful where i step or i might step on her..!! I have never seen her peck any of her fellow chickens nor rear up to them .maybee why she gets picked on but she never trys to get revenge LOL

Meg says thanks!
smile.png
Meg is a RIR/Buff Orp cross. Very sweet girl, lots of personality, good layer, hates to be ignored, LOL. My Barred Rock girls are also very friendly and curious. Here's Meg-how could you resist that face?
DCP_8765.jpg

The two sweetest chickens I've ever had were a cornish x hen (Bertha) and a RIR cross hen.. they would come when called and try to follow us into the house! Bertha "chose us" out of 200 meat birds we raised, she just started following us around and wanting attention
cool.png
Our silkies were always pretty nice too.

Back
Top Bottom