Gordie's Chicken List Black and Blue Orps UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Marie, you & I are kinda in the same boat. Have you tried Mothergoose (Christie). She has Salmon Favs that are bantams, and super nice!
smile.png

Yes they are really nice bantams and please do give Mothergoose a try and she has more in numbers than we do LOL!

I just wanted to get chicks this time. Have had a tough time hatching faverolles for some reason. Just bad luck altogether with hatching shipped eggs. I got my faverolle eggs from Jaynie who I think got hers from mothergoose, but I am not positive on that. But thanks for the info. I have one egg out of 6 that is due in a few days. Hoping it will be a roo and then I will have one of each. Then maybe I can hatch my own eggs one day. The hen is a year old though so by the time he gets old enough to breed, she will probably slow down laying, ha ha. What luck. thanks again.

Marie

Man, what a luck! I love faverolles and got one blue salmon faverolle hen of my own that directly came from Catalupa Farms.

I had good luck in hatching Favs and once in a while, shipping is hard on them. One time out of 16 eggs, only one hatched, it was a pullet.

Getting harder to find some yet and sooner or later, you will get a flock of them by the end of the year LOL!

Good luck!

I got an answer back from him, took awhile but heck the guy is so buisy. Looks like may for me which is good, will have time to save up some.

chickhamm
Theressa

Just wanted to post a pic of one of my blue rock chicks I got today. I got 10 in and lost 1
sad.png
But the other 9 are looking great and are very BIG and healthy. I am very happy and would certainly order from him again.
DSCN1425.jpg

Im deeeeeeeeeeeee lighted!

Cute chick you got there! What colors did you get?

Glad you got some that made it. Despite the weather going on. Mine is still in transit.....hopefully tomorrow morning I shall have some going on. Hard to keep away from the USPS post tracking and kept it up for every hour or so.

Let me know how it went so far for you.

My tracking # didn't work, so I was kinda nervous as I expected next day delivery & it ended up being 2 days. I guess w/blue rocks it's kinda like blue everything else. Most of them are blue (like the one shown) but 2 were black w/yellow and 2 were mostly pure yellow w/*tiny* bits of blue. We'll see how they turn out when they grow up. Only 3 of them had the dark beaks, the others all had light beaks. What did you order?
Kristi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom