Gordie's Chicken List Black and Blue Orps UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have sent several emails to him in the past couple weeks and have not heard anything. He said he would have bantam faverolles in April and it is April. I just need to know if he is going to have any or not. I wish he would contact me and let me know. I have more eggs in the bator but I still think I would like to get a few chicks too.

Marie

Gordie called me a few days ago, he's been really sick and is way behind with his chickens he told me. Email him or call him again, he will contact you.
-Kathy

I understand his father is sick. I have emailed him enough. I will just wait and see. I just can't find anyone else with bantam faverolles who will ship the birds to me. But I can wait.

Thanks.

Marie

Bummer!!!!

I didnt have a good luck hatch either on my end on Blue Orps from KingsCall either.....drat weather and wet basement too! Makes me wonder if the darn weather got something to do with it!

As for Gordies hatching eggs, I had good hatchings from him. Its a roll of a dice when it comes for shipping eggs. Many times I had too many Gordie chicks that I hatched out and sold most of them. I only got one of Gordie's Welsummer gal here and she is a very sweet bird.

His Australorps I had a very good hatch, got a doz and hatched out 11. They all became beautiful black birds and won numberous 4H awards. Not bad either and made the kids happy!

If all else fails, maybe you guys should consider getting some chicks from him. He is super about shipping them and I have not lost any even with ten chicks he shipped me in COLD weather for three days shipping run (stupid PO!)

Shipping is very hard on eggs, but I think blue orps are more "sensitive" than other breeds or colors of orps. That is just my opinion and my experience with hatching them.

I sort of wonder if the "blue" factor has done something in the genetic pool...sort of a mutation of sorts that weakens it. Originally when I hatched blue orps I thought it was all my fault things went bad, but so many others have had the same issues I believe it's more than just me...lol.

I have never bought eggs from Gordie. He has some birds I would like on eggbid now but shipping is killer!!!

Julie =0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom