gosling with watery poo?

picalowpiepi

In the Brooder
Jan 12, 2017
i posted this in the geese forum but im having another go.
so my goslings arent pooping vey well. They pooped twice first, right before they got their feed and right after. it was really watery and yellowish brown. After 5 hours they pooped again, but the same consistency. One of them ate a little bit of hay so im worried about that too. I gave some grit to help along. Any ideas? They are moving around a lot and eat crazy.

I leave feed out at all times....Sounds like they drink lots of water...:).....
I don't think its anything serious ...:)....Provide feed at all times....along with water deep enough to dunk their entire heads...:)

Best wishes...:)

i posted this in the geese forum but im having another go.
so my goslings arent pooping vey well. They pooped twice first, right before they got their feed and right after. it was really watery and yellowish brown. After 5 hours they pooped again, but the same consistency. One of them ate a little bit of hay so im worried about that too. I gave some grit to help along. Any ideas? They are moving around a lot and eat crazy.
Grit should be put into a separate bowl from feed and they will use as needed. If you add it to their feed they may eat too much.

Maybe if your weather is nice and warm you need to get them out doors with supervision and let them nibble on some grass and dirt. That may get them going. Soft grasses that aren't longer than 4" are best for geese or they risk a chance of getting impacted. Especially goslings.

Back
Top Bottom