Got my automatic pop door opener installed!

We installed a drapery motor auto door too. HOWEVER,,,,in the directions to ours, it says that the transformer would eventually burn out if not shut off after it "actuated" over time. Therefore I had to buy a 4 function per day timer, so the door would turn on, and open, then 1 minute later shut off,,,,,then turn on and close, and 1 minute later shut off. By leaving power on a "hot leg" to the transformer on the drapery switch, they said the transformer would eventually burn out over time. The timer I got is an Intermatic DT620CL from Amazon for like 24 bucks. The drapery motor is as previously posted. I got ours on ebay for $86.00 here's the link. http://cgi.ebay.com/Add-a-Motor-Drapery-and-Blind-Controller-800DR-NEW_W0QQitemZ390087011740QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5ad2ff6d9c
I used a large cutting board for the door, teflon, thick and smooth. The "tracks" came from TS. Best thing we ever done to the coop. Stay in bed , and everything works great!

BTW...so far so good on the automatic door!! Works like a dream! Our drapery motor came from AutoTech, which someone posted earlier. Jafo brought up a good point about the type of timer being a consideration. Right now, we have a cheapo timer, which holds power on for 30 minutes. We have a digital one that's better, but we haven't played around with it yet, but DH thinks it can be programmed to shut of power within a few minutes. If that's the case, then we'll switch it out... But I'm loving it so far!!

I just discovered that too much moisture (frost) may have caused my drapery motor to malfunction in the coop. It's been in and running flawlessly for two months. For two days now it hasn't operated correctly. I've had to push on/off on the timer at times to have it work. The coop has frost on the windows, it's been pretty cold, and I have a heat lamp running, so it's never less than 25 degrees in there, and warmer on better days. Coops not insulated either, this may be a factor, on the motor "freezing up " as well. It's mounted on an outside wall. I know it's NOT the timer, and by tinkering with the motor, it would go. Electronics are wet most likely. I'll be dealing with it directly, and keep all posted. Gonna try to get the heat lamp closer to it, just enough to keep the frost off. Hopefully that'll work.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom