GQF Sportsman 1502

Sounds like you have your humidity set too high for incubation. Humidity should be raised that high at lockdown. Have you hatched before?

Good luck.

We bought two of them from a friend who said do 60-70% first 18 days then 80% last 3 days or until hatch. I read gqf website it recommended 45-55% humidity first 18 days then 65% last few days. Idk what to do he hatched over 1000 chickens a month with four of these incubators we live in south central TN idk if air or humidity is different here or what??

What is your thoughts on this though??
ezagubah.jpg

kansas bow hunter.
pickwick lake is home though.

I have a GQF 1500 digital. I left it on the factory setting it was set on when I bought it. Mine stays at 40-41 humidity. I let it run dry, then add more water. On day 18 I stop the turners. Day 19 I put eggs in my hatcher and raise humidity to 60-70. I just had 75 out of 82 silkie eggs hatch. Sometimes I only lose 1 or 2.
I'm in KY. It could be different where you are. Did the friend you got the incubators from live in your area? It could be what works for your area. Hatching is trial and error. What works for some, won't for others. Good luck with your hatch. I hope it all goes well. If it doesn't, don't give up. Try things a little different next time. I had some really bad and some not so bad hatches at first too.

Hi there Im in Ky too, over in Floyd co. around Prestonsburg. I go through Winchester often..Anyway like you say my dickey(which of course is like your sportsman) stays around 40% humidity with no water at all in it..Kentucky is a humid place..I have to cover 95% of the water tray to keep the humidity under 70%..

Hey KYBOY. You're closer to where I'm originally from. I was born in Wise, VA. I pop on here occasionally to add my 2-cents worth. Been busy this week washing silkies for the Bluegrass show. Having a hard time coming up with ones in good enough condition this time. This winter has been rough on my silkies. Too many, too crowded together for too many long cold days. We only have silkies now. What do you have?

Rebuilding the flock, we lost a bunch last year to dogs while we were gone one weekend. Just hatched 13 silkies(white,splash,black and buff), some marans and we have a small layer flock(white rocks,comets,etc) Quail and a few guinea left. Ive been to Wise, its not that far from me really.

Back
Top Bottom