Grab the book nearest you...

" 'Well,' said Angus heavily. "
roll.png

G.K. Chesterton - The best of Father Brown

"The Rule and life of the Friars Minor is this, namely to observe the holy Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ by living in obedience, without property and in chastity." (From the Franciscan Friars Minor Rule of Life, dated 1223) - St Francis of Assisi, Omnibus of Sources

I'm sitting next to 2 books, one stacked on the other, and the Omnibus is the biggest and sticks out just a bit more than the Audubon Society Field Guide to Insects and Spiders! (and besides, the first 100 pages of the Field Guide are just pictures; page 56 features: Bed Bug, Human Flea and Oriental Rat Flea - ICK!
sickbyc.gif
)

"He now grew more composed in his demeanor; but his original air of enthusiam had quite disappeared." From Poe Complete Works by Edgar Allan Poe, of course. This particular story is The Gold Bug. And just for added fun, this is a 1927 copy belonging to my 12 year old son.
smile.png
He is a Poe freak!

"This dressing is good with any fruit salad." - Poppy Seed Dressing recipe from the cookbook A Little Taste of "Taxes" - sponsored by the Employees of the Texas State Comptroller's Office. I love these cookbooks put together by churches, civic groups and Texas employees
lol.png
First thing I look for at yard sales, Goodwill, flea markets, etc
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom