Granny's gone and done it again

Do you have a little propane torch? Heat a little, wipe with cloth, repeat.
Hmmm. I have a little lighter... I'm thinking of sticking it in the freezer and seeing if it will pop off. Hot water ... if it's hot enough to melt wax, I won't be able to handle it.

Okay, got most of it off with the wooden spoon/spatula. The Man suggested this, and I'm going to try it: set pan on wood stove on aluminum foil (Wood stove is pretty hot), then wipe wax as it melts. Will keep y'all posted. Hope for no fire! :eek:
And for goodness sakes, keep all hot wax away from your utensils in the future young lady.

And for goodness sakes, keep all hot wax away from your utensils in the future young lady.
I had a quart jar full of discards from my scented wax candle. Over time it had gotten quite full and I wanted to empty it. Me being the genius I ain't, decided to put it in a pot of hot water and warm it just enough to loosen it all the way around so it would slip out and then I could toss it in the trash. Yeah right. I got busy and forgot all about it until it was completely molten. The Man offered to carry the whole thing, pan and all, outside for me, where I could use one of my canning tools to lift it out and pour the hot wax out onto the snow. Great idea. Until my jar lifter slipped and the jar fell back into the pan with a royal splash. Otherwise the plan worked great, lol!

Back
Top Bottom