Granny's gone and done it again

I would think, Larry, she would be okay if she even just treated the porch and an area all around it with tick granules. Maybe an area about 30' on all sides. That stuff works good. We had a bad year for ticks a couple of years ago and did not have enough chickens to keep them down. It works good.

Granny, is the grass grown up around your house?
yes

I dont have that problem on the back but the wood is rotting and no cover like the front
A cover is a necessity for weather protection and even sun protection. I don't think Robert would be opposed to helping you rid the area of ticks and other bad bugs. Maybe a few guineas would help. :gig

I dont have that problem on the back but the wood is rotting and no cover like the front
Well then .... if the ticks don't bother you on the back porch, smoke out there. It only takes a few minutes. Just be sure to take a metal can with you so you don't start that grass on fire! And empty it out when it gets full. No, it won't be very pleasant. But you'll smoke quickly and go back inside. No chance of falling asleep while smoking!

A cover is a necessity for weather protection and even sun protection. I don't think Robert would be opposed to helping you rid the area of ticks and other bad bugs. Maybe a few guineas would help. :gig
Ha! People are always talking about what good tick control guineas are (usually people who don't have guineas, I've noticed!) But the stupid things don't stay where you want them or need them! They wander all over creation, sleeping in trees and getting picked off by predators till they're all gone. :barnieThey won't roost in a coop, or come when called, or in general behave in a civilized manner like chickens! :jumpy Besides (on a serious note) if Granny can't take care of chickens any more, it's doubtful she'll do better with guineas. :(

Ha! People are always talking about what good tick control guineas are (usually people who don't have guineas, I've noticed!) But the stupid things don't stay where you want them or need them! They wander all over creation, sleeping in trees and getting picked off by predators till they're all gone. :barnieThey won't roost in a coop, or come when called, or in general behave in a civilized manner like chickens! :jumpy Besides (on a serious note) if Granny can't take care of chickens any more, it's doubtful she'll do better with guineas. :(
The guinea thing was just a pun intended. :) But then what about Ducks?

Back
Top Bottom