Granny's gone and done it again

I don't have ticks or at least I haven't seen them here like we had in TN. Of course we have a flock of chickens on all sides patrolling the grass where there is grass. Soon we will have enough game hens that dig and look for bugs non stop we should get all the bugs eradicated. :)
No chance of that, the bugs have taken over the earth!

Ha! People are always talking about what good tick control guineas are (usually people who don't have guineas, I've noticed!) But the stupid things don't stay where you want them or need them! They wander all over creation, sleeping in trees and getting picked off by predators till they're all gone. :barnieThey won't roost in a coop, or come when called, or in general behave in a civilized manner like chickens! :jumpy Besides (on a serious note) if Granny can't take care of chickens any more, it's doubtful she'll do better with guineas. :(
Our guineas always went back to their coop. I made a really tall hoop coop, and they liked it.

I'm thinking about adding some weeder geese to help with weed control in all the garden areas we have. They may eat bugs to. I don't know much but need to learn about them.

NO not messing. Not yet anyway.
They will eat other stuff besides weeds. I had chickens in my garden, but put chicken wire around the raised beds to keep them out of the veggies.

I wish I knew. I think I know someone who does know as he is a turkey hunter and plants oaks on his property to naturally feed them and deer. There are 2 that are at least 4' in diameter at eye level.
Red oaks have pointy tips on the leaves, and I think white oaks have rounded tips.

The Guinness World Record for most children born to one mother goes to Valentina Vassilyev, the wife of a Russian peasant Feodor Vassilyev. She birthed total number of 69 babies in her lifetime.
She lived to be 76 and between 1725 and 1765 she had 69 children (16 pairs of twins, 7 sets of triplets and 4 sets of quadruplets).
67 of them survived infancy with the loss of one set of twins
View attachment 3798674
Holy mackerel! That's a heck of a lot of diapers!

Back
Top Bottom