Granny's gone and done it again

It is a sandy loam with some clay in it. The easiest dirt I've ever had to work with. It had been tilled early and then just before building the ridge. We use to call this raised bed but now raised beds are just big containers.
Sandy Loam is what they bring in for yards in New developments here. New homes.

I had to design a gate for my little herb garden. I thought and schemed, scratched my head and pondered, but nothing came to mind that I could actually do. Hinges? Hardware? Bent nails? Hmmm. Here's what I finally came up with.

View attachment 3810044

McGyvered it. I wrapped the end of the chicken wire around an upside-down T-post with the end broken off. Fastened it with zip ties. Noticed a convenient split in the fence post, a perfect fit for the end of the T-post. Fits perfectly!

My DH is always accusing me of "cheating." This is what he means. I'm rather proud of it, actually!
I love this!

Granny here it the one I missed yesterday showing the sweet potato ridge before mulching it. I'll revisit this one tonight as there is more of a story than just what am doing here. Much more information coming. The sweet corn on the upper left is the first planting. 4 rows of 3 varieties. Short blocks of the 3 varieties. These rows are about 75' long. Within the next 2-3 days there will be 4 more rows of about 95' long that will be for freezing and canning. 3 different varieties there. Love my Kandy Korn. It's not a super sweet but is an SE variety that is sweeter than the standard SU sweet corn. Also have some peaches and cream for fresh eating in this second block and one more I can't remember until I get the seed bag out. Lots more pictures coming for you but they have to be downsized first before uploading to BYC. We bought kidney beans, more Lima beans, black eyed peas, and have some great northern beans to plant to the right of the sweet potatoes here. Those seed are just what you buy at the grocery stores. They grow fine. My parents even raised navy beans from the grocery store.

1713981678390.png

We are home from the PC doc. I got a double whammy steroid injection in my butt. Told the nurse I was ready to present my butt when she was ready to jab me. One fast acting and on long lasting so by later today I can get back to my gardening. Once it is all in and up and growing I want to do a walk thru video of all we are doing.

Back
Top Bottom