Granny's gone and done it again

CB knew what it meant. He is being mouthy . I rather he find his own thread. I have told him this . He said it is public and he can stay if he wants. That is very disrespectful. and he is going to lose computer privilege if it continues.
Thats strike one CB

I did it yesterday! It's dutch braided. I looked adorable yesterday too.
big_smile.png

you always look adorable !!

Hmmm, might look into a can or two of that spray stuff that can seal up gutters, boats, etc -- quick and easy vs. having to put a tarp over it and repair/replace throughout the winter.
Adorable!

X 2 -- the guidelines for pork cooking have been changed and it is no longer necessary to cook it to the dry shoeleather stage to be "safe".

Ask again in a few years.

Mare, I used that stuff in a can. didnt work. I ended up gluing rubber roof down. Its been great . very expensive . the glue itself without the rubber I think would of held. Its nasty stuff. But anyway, I would use calk before that stuff again. or silicone in the calk gun.

I use a can of cream of mushroom soup , half can of water and cover and bake for a long time. They are not tender unless I do.

As an alternative - brown shops on both sides in skillet -- pour two cans cream of mushroom soup on top, cover and simmer 20 minutes -- SUPER tender and you have a sauce to serve with them/over fried potatos or pasta.

As an alternative - brown shops on both sides in skillet -- pour two cans cream of mushroom soup on top, cover and simmer 20 minutes -- SUPER tender and you have a sauce to serve with them/over fried potatos or pasta.

only 20 min. ? brown them w/ flour and oil ? do I drain the oil before I add the soup ?

only 20 min. ? brown them w/ flour and oil ? do I drain the oil before I add the soup ?

You could coat them, yes, but I never do. I usually do a little salt/pepper/whatever on both sides and then straight into the pan. It just takes a minute or two on each side because you are just looking to get a "crust" on the meat vs. cooking it through. A good, HOT pan doesn't really need any butter/oil to prevent sticking because it sears so fast when you put the meat down on it - and any little bits that do form will come up in the sauce during the simmer adding to the flavor - but if you do find that you have a sticking problem you could certainly use a little something and if there's a lot of it in the pan you would want to drain it away, yes.

You could coat them, yes, but I never do. I usually do a little salt/pepper/whatever on both sides and then straight into the pan. It just takes a minute or two on each side because you are just looking to get a "crust" on the meat vs. cooking it through. A good, HOT pan doesn't really need any butter/oil to prevent sticking because it sears so fast when you put the meat down on it - and any little bits that do form will come up in the sauce during the simmer adding to the flavor - but if you do find that you have a sticking problem you could certainly use a little something and if there's a lot of it in the pan you would want to drain it away, yes.
Should mention this is when I use standard thickness chops --- for thin cut or thick cut you'd adjust the cook time a bit either way. Think the average "boneless center cut" you find in the family packs at walmart or kroger (if you watch the kroger ads you'll find them on sale at least once a month)

Back
Top Bottom