Granny's gone and done it again

DD's silkie died. :hit

So sorry.... :hugs

Mare, thank you for the idea about pork chops on the stove with mushroom soup. Just got that going to some chicken breasts that needed cooking. Smells delicious.
droolin.gif
The boys are finally old enough to get tired of the same old thing (baked chicken) so are more willing to try new and different! Going to serve it over egg noodles with a side of veggies.
Awesome - hope it turned out as good as it smelled. It's such an easy way to make a nice, filling meal - may not be the healthiest stuff, but it's good "stick to your ribs" sort of food, which is what I came up on.

We are watching Polar Express.
smile.png

One of my favorite movies -- tradition has been for the kids and I to snuggle down and watch it (with hot chocolate, of course, lol) - gonna be the first year without DD in the party this year.

Me too, and then I regret wasting sleep time! All the lights are on and I can't stretch out because Jewel is beside me. Eventually I'll talk myself into moving...

Yep, and if you're like me, the moving ends up waking you up so much that there is no going back to sleep - and then you're really grumpy!

good evening all

mixed up the cookies attempt 2 and still not right THEN I realized it is NOT the right recipe (close) and that one is missing as well. Did a little tanking with brother. Then said to heck with everything and watched the Walton Christmas. That helped some.
Evening, Twist - sounds like a busy day for you - love the Waltons!

Today gonna be another yesterday. I filled a needle w/tylan and went to give it myself. Broke the needle off in my roo somewhere. couldnt find it. He opened his mouth and I seen the wet pox. He was pitiful. both eyes closed again, ears bulging, all bones So I lived up to my name. Wandered the yard for a long time and came inside to ask for help but didnt get any . I wanted to bury him because of the illness and the antibiotics in his system. So I ended up tossing him over the hill. I feel horrible about it. I hope I dont make anything else sick. I come inside again and disinfected myself and my hatchet. Went back out to the serama coop where the tolbunt hen is with dry pox and found a hen dead on the floor. I see no reason for this . I wonder when she is contagious ? I havent seen any others in there with any illness. So why hasnt it spread ? Could it be its not pox ? The roo for sure was. his mouth was disgusting Turkey looks good. Better yet , where did it come from ? I am so tired of this.

@casportpony

Oh, Granny, I 'm sorry.

DD's silkie died.
hit.gif

Oh no, any idea what happened?

When pox hit here in 2013 I think it affected only one in twenty.

-Kathy

Yep - as with illnesses in humans or other groups of animals there are many factors that can contribute to who does/doesn't catch whatever is going around -- someone already compromised (even if it is not showing at the time) is more likely to contract the illness/less equipped to recover.

Wow, prime example today of "government moves slowly" -- I got an e-mail about being selected for interview for a position with the state. As I was reading it I didn't even recognize the job title as one I had applied for recently -- got to looking and the date I had submitted my app was 10/8......followed the instructions to log-in and select an interview time and they are interviewing on 1/3 & 1/4
ep.gif

I selected a date/time, but sure as heck hope that by the time that rolls around it's no longer an issue ---have an interview this Friday and still waiting to hear back on the one from last week.

She was skin and bones when we left for thanksgiving. I should've brought her inside. I hoped being in the broody suite with food and water was enough. I think once I moved them from the tractor she stopped getting access to feed.

Only 1/2 of my flock got dry pox in the spring. They can get it from wild birds. They were free ranging when it started so march-april before the garden came up. Byc says it lasts a month but it was mid june before they recovered. No squiters here in march.

Back
Top Bottom