Granny's gone and done it again

not tree killers and confine themselves to eating weeds and such.
Goats will kill small trees because leaves are their favorite things to eat. If there is nothing else to eat , they will strip bark off bigger trees. I put hardware cloth on some of the trees in pastures where there were only a few trees. If you feed them well, they are less likely to damage large trees unless it is a favorite type of tree.

Goats will kill small trees because leaves are their favorite things to eat. If there is nothing else to eat , they will strip bark off bigger trees. I put hardware cloth on some of the trees in pastures where there were only a few trees. If you feed them well, they are less likely to damage large trees unless it is a favorite type of tree.

well these guys stripped the bark off of 15 ft tall saplings AND taught the yearlings to do it and /or help them. It was like having a family of beavers move in. And if you know how hard it is to establish a tree in North Dakota you would probably feel the same way.

I could deal with them being escape artists and nibbling/biting any and all people who got to close. Even playing king on the kill on a friends car that was being stored in the barn, he was warned many times and it had been then for years. Also TBH their eye's sort of freak me out.

well these guys stripped the bark off of 15 ft tall saplings AND taught the yearlings to do it and /or help them. It was like having a family of beavers move in. And if you know how hard it is to establish a tree in North Dakota you would probably feel the same way.

I could deal with them being escape artists and nibbling/biting any and all people who got to close. Even playing king on the kill on a friends car that was being stored in the barn, he was warned many times and it had been then for years. Also TBH their eye's sort of freak me out.
Oh, well 15 foot saplings are small to goats. They will all do that, dairy or meat. I think goats probably helped create the Sahara Desert, lol. So you should probably not get goats. I know how difficult it can be getting young trees established. Looking forward to planting some fruit trees, outside the goat area. They love fruit trees.

Oh, well 15 foot saplings are small to goats. They will all do that, dairy or meat. I think goats probably helped create the Sahara Desert, lol. So you should probably not get goats. I know how difficult it can be getting young trees established. Looking forward to planting some fruit trees, outside the goat area. They love fruit trees.

LOL thank you most of the ones these killed were Green Ash.

LOL thank you most of the ones these killed were Green Ash.
Oh, we have lots of those here. Only a few in TN. The only tree or bush they don't eat leaves off of are hollies. My husband does not like those trees because they have so many limbs but i do like them. Leaves usually turn yellow in fall.

but he says he is smarter then me and acts like he knows it all. hahaaa
Don't worry, you'll be smart again; soon as he's an adult. It's miraculous how parents get so smart about then, after being one of the world's dumbest creatures up 'til that time.

Back
Top Bottom