Granny's gone and done it again

I think chickens can too. Is yours doing that?
One of the chicks has wing feathers that look different from the others. I'll post pics.

You all take meloxicam every day?
I just read the other day that it's for short-term use, like for ten days, but I've been taking it daily for a couple of years. Gonna ask my dr about it.

One of the chicks has wing feathers that look different from the others. I'll post pics.

I just read the other day that it's for short-term use, like for ten days, but I've been taking it daily for a couple of years. Gonna ask my dr about it.
Screenshot_20240501_184730_Chrome.jpg
angel-wing-and-chest-deformities-v0-3eo0cak0udzb1.jpg

Thank you, @Cynthia12. I'll see if I can get a pic of the chick from that angle tomorrow. For now, this is what I have:

Nornal chick:
1000007198.jpg

Wing feathers are smooth and lay flat against body.

Chick in question:
1000007199.jpg

Flight feathers look ragged and uneven, not smooth. Hard to see in this pic bc of how handler is holding wing, but also they don't lay flat against body like bird in first pic.

Ah. Thanks. Is it a lifelong issue, this bird will have shredded feathers all its life? Vitamins/ minerals won't help?
You could try vitamins/minerals, it might help some, I’ve never tried it so not sure. But generally yeah, it’s lifelong and I believe genetic so you wouldn’t want to breed that one if you were planning on breeding them. It might possibly improve some with age, not sure.

You could try vitamins/minerals, it might help some, I’ve never tried it so not sure. But generally yeah, it’s lifelong and I believe genetic so you wouldn’t want to breed that one if you were planning on breeding them. It might possibly improve some with age, not sure.
Got it, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom