Granny's gone and done it again

1715091530745.png

didnt someone say yesterday they had to wait 2 weeks for glasses or was that you?
What causes cataracs anyway? I didnt go back to the eye dr when she told me I would need them removed. lol
Scott, my hubby had that surgery. Had a couple of different things done with his eyes surgically, different times during his 50's early 60's if I'm remembering right. He didn't need glasses anymore, just for reading. He had worn glasses all his life up until then.

What causes cataracs anyway? I didnt go back to the eye dr when she told me I would need them removed.

Around age 40, the proteins in the lens of your eye start to break down and clump together. This clump makes a cloudy area on your lens — known as a cataract. Over time, the cataract gets worse and makes more of your lens cloudy.Nov 15, 2023

Smoking, drinking, diabetes and family history are slso factors... "cataract" means "waterfall" and that's what it looks like. As if a curtain of water is clouding your vision.

So, when a doctor tells you something you don't want to hear, you just don't go back? Oh, Granny! Removal is painless and then you can see again!
It's true, not painful at all according to Scott. :)

What causes cataracs anyway? I didnt go back to the eye dr when she told me I would need them removed.

Around age 40, the proteins in the lens of your eye start to break down and clump together. This clump makes a cloudy area on your lens — known as a cataract. Over time, the cataract gets worse and makes more of your lens cloudy.Nov 15, 2023

Smoking, drinking, diabetes and family history are slso factors... "cataract" means "waterfall" and that's what it looks like. As if a curtain of water is clouding your vision.

So, when a doctor tells you something you don't want to hear, you just don't go back? Oh, Granny! Removal is painless and then you can see again!
Ahem..I've been known not to go back to a Dr. when I was told I needed something. A few times. The most recent was just this last March. I was scheduled to have my knee done. For some reason I just couldn't bring myself to go have it done. I didn't care for this surgeon. I went ahead and went in to see this hand surgeon. Now these Orthopedic surgeons go through it all while in school, usually, then pick which speciality they'll go in. While in for my hand I brought up my knee, saying my right side of my body was going. 🤪 He sits up straight, asks, what's going on with your knee? He really got into discussing it with me. Gave me some names of some good knee surgeons. I went to one. Loved him! By then my knee wasn't bothering me nearly as bad as it was because I assumed it was the gel shot I got finally kicking in. This new surgeon said that yes, more than likely. I had heard it could take time but good grief..weeks later. I'll be going back to this new knee guy for gel shots as long as my insurance will ok it. Then, to him for my knee surgery which is inevitable. :)

well they wanted to have me swallow a tube that didnt end. It makes you choke and gag. Just so they could see if I was swallowing right
Oh! I had that done, twice. Once with that dumb stuff that I can't remember the name of. He told me I wouldn't remember anything. I sure as heck did! It was awful. Then years later I'm being told i need it again. I told this dr. what had been through. He says, no, you'll be put to sleep! Whew. Much Much easier!!

Back
Top Bottom