Granny's gone and done it again

I looked at the weather and this is what it says for today................
There is a likely risk of severe weather today. Wind, tornadoes and hail are possible. Look out for damaging winds. Stay aware and be prepared.
Do you have a basement? Stay safe!

No basement here. No where really to go. With the cost of building a new home a basement is not going to happen. I've thought about a berm room outside that is under ground and above ground. Basically a quanset hut covered in dirt a foot or so deep. Something that has no flat side the wind can get a hold of. Just big enough for a bed and a boater's potty.

No basement here. No where really to go. With the cost of building a new home a basement is not going to happen. I've thought about a berm room outside that is under ground and above ground. Basically a quanset hut covered in dirt a foot or so deep. Something that has no flat side the wind can get a hold of. Just big enough for a bed and a boater's potty.
A root cellar could serve, Larry. And also make a nice place to store some of your produce most of the year.

I saw this report for your area and several areas. It's crazy the tornadoe activity right now. So much damage already. They say the best thing to do..as you probably know...is to get to the lowest part if your home..if you have a downstairs/upstairs..stay downstairs. And of course, don't go outside at night when these warnings are in effect. That hail can start dropping way before the wind starts. They were saying golf ball size.

I know the feeling. My sister died the 15th of this month here at home. My husband the 27th of this month the next year here at home. It doesn't feel like it's been 3 years this month that my Scott passed. I still cry at times, especially at night. It's so hard. I'm sorry for the loss of your sister. You don't forget for sure. ❤️
Sorry for your losses. It isn’t easy

Back
Top Bottom