grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats great. I've often wondered if a hen would take other chicks. The experiences I've had in the past is that normally a hen will try to keep other chicks away from her chicks. Its good to know some will take them. I've got about 40 eggs in the incubator now. It's an experiment. They are refrigerated eggs. I was surprised when I candled them that the chick was growing. They are due to hatch on 5/21. Wish me luck.

Lisa, Omg, how lucky are you ? thats a lot of babys to not have to take care of. does that mean you can start over ? LOL Camping, you need your sleep ! they are supposed to entertain themselves . Pasuit, would be interested to find out how they do. I have put eggs in the fridge then wished i hadnt . Good luck with them. I have heard of others doing that but not the results. Good morning everyone !!!!!

Like this, @campingshaws

There are days I feel like that "fall on your face/fall asleep standing up" stage that chicks go through............run, run, run --- oops, fell asleep

Last edited:
Like this, @campingshaws There are days I feel like that "fall on your face/fall asleep standing up" stage that chicks go through............run, run, run --- oops, fell asleep
Thanks Ole Mare. :love I'm not that tired, just the regular sort. Finally getting some coffee. Finally got a day lily to bloom!
And after getting rid of the seven yesterday, this is my whole "adult" flock.
I don't like it. :( I've only got 8 days til the eggs in the bator start hatching, so I've got to get that brooder empty ASAP.

Guess what when you turn a rooms power off the people in there tend to come to the office and pay you some money.
yesss.gif

Had to laugh at this - sounds like a souped up version of what my mom does to get my niece and nephew to do anything around the house, she just unplugs the internet and locks up the modem.....amazing how quickly they come out of their rooms and get things taken care of.

LOL, I just did the same thing ! when i got up this am i hid all the tv remotes
big_smile.png
I mowed from 8 am til 3:30 today my back is cramping . OUCH ! I have some pretty good news for a change. my dd got a hold of irs finally and she will have her check in 30 days or less ! they are going to rent a store /house. he will open his own shop . @ Old Grey Mare, Thank you so much for the tag. He has spoke to this man before and here is what i dont understand. well, in a way i do but i will let you judge. This is according to my SIL, the man that is offering the jobs, his tattoos suck and it will bring a bad name to my SIL. My daughter doesnt want to pierce any more . she really likes her new job at goodwill. This man did a tattoo on my friend and it got infected. he told her to put prep H on it. she ended up at the hospital from unclean conditions there. I dont know if that was just a one time thing or not. but that is one tattoo of his i did see for myself. The way the shop is set up, they cut hair in an open floor plan right next to where they tattoo. because he is starting to get work he wants to go it alone. no sharing 50% of what he does. He is doing one right now at someones home. he went yesterday to do it and told her he would come back today after there was a sanitary place for him to work.
ep.gif
they will have 5 grand to work with in 30 days . 1000.00 of that will have to go to duke . the were turned down for the help and had their elect. shut off. The rent money they did have went to a car yesterday. she bought it from my friend for very cheap and it will save tons on gas money. theirs is a big conversion ? van. 80.00 in gas in it lasts them just 3 days. this car 80 will probably last them all week if not more. I dont know if its the right thing they are doing or not. I sure hope so.

my favorite ! the red daylilly
love.gif
Your flock is way to small. keeping my fingers crossed for a 100% hatch .
fl.gif
My GS counted mine, I didnt want him to. didnt want to know at ALL ! I have 72 .
hide.gif
Tom never blinked an eye. no wonder my food bill is so high.

Hi all!

Granny that is great news for your dd/sil!! I think that sounds like a pretty solid plan, renting a home/store space. I'm also so glad she likes her job. I hope everything goes smoothly, they deserve a break!

Camping your day lily is lovely and so are your birds! You definitely need some more though. I have to live vicariously through all of you who have tons of chickens. :D

ChickenLady2014 That is the sweetest thing!! And makes life so much easier for you. What a good mama. :)

Pasuit, my DH is a manager at a smallish grocery store, and he's told me about a couple of regular customers of his (he has customers that come in and chat with him all the time, lol) that have told him about incubating fertilized eggs from the store and hatching out leghorns. Not like they've had great hatch rates but they get a couple from most hatches. I have absolutely no idea if that's true or not but I thought it was interesting! :) please let us know how it works out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom