grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as you all may know we're doing a bunch of work on our yard. We had a limited budget so were doing the work ourselves. Anyway, my DH removed this old (probably original to the house) concrete path that was broken in places, ugly, etc and dug a new path area that he's filling with gravel. I love that man dearly but he's making me crazy, lol! He's making the gravel way too thick and it's so hard to walk on. But of course he has to do it his way, and it's not worth the argument that was starting over it. I will just smile to myself when, at the end, he realizes that he has to fix all of the dang gravel, because ITS TOO THICK TO WALK ON lol. :) Just venting here because I'm holding it in, haha. Here's a picture to kind of see what I'm talking about. It's going to look great, I think, once it's thinned out some. ;)

Lovely yard !!! its a nice shaped walk , the width is very nice, the price of that much gravel will be high. I have gravel drive and in the pole barn and it hurts. pea gravel is not too bad to walk on. maybe as a topper ? or would it just go through the other gravel?

Lovely yard !!!  its a nice shaped walk , the width is very nice, the price of that much gravel will be high. I have gravel drive and in the pole barn and it hurts. pea gravel is not too bad to walk on. maybe as a topper ? or would it just go through the other gravel?

Thank you!! I'll take some more pictures tomorrow and give you a virtual tour, haha. :) The gravel that were using is called '3/8" pea gravel' by the quarry, is that like regular pea gravel? Not sure if this is a little bigger. We didn't rent one of those pounding machines that kind of settles the gravel, so it's comfortable to walk on at about 2 inches deep. We've probably had 47295 discussions about this, but he's making it more like 4 inches deep. Oh well. He'll figure it out, lol. :) I guess as long as he gets the pile of gravel off the driveway I'll be happy. :) We got 4 cubic yards of gravel, I think it was like $32 per yard. Not too bad. Way less than having them come and put concrete in, that's for sure! :)

In other news, our old mean rabbit finally crossed the rainbow bridge a couple of days ago. She was 11 years old and staying alive out of spite. ;) She is now planted under a new lavender bush. I love all living things, but it was definitely her time. Lucky for her she only ever bit me and DH, and not the kids.

Thats great. I've often wondered if a hen would take other chicks. The experiences I've had in the past is that normally a hen will try to  keep other chicks away from her chicks.  Its good to know some will take them. I've got about 40 eggs in the incubator now. It's an experiment. They are refrigerated eggs. I was surprised when I candled them that the chick was growing.  They are due to hatch on 5/21. Wish me luck.
I think its the Cochin in broody momma that made its so easy. They say they are awesome broodies & momma's and I would have to agree.

Lisa, Omg, how lucky are you ? thats a lot of babys to not have to take care of. does that mean you can start over ? LOL  Camping, you need your sleep ! they are supposed to entertain themselves .  Pasuit, would be interested to find out how they do. I have put eggs in the fridge then wished i hadnt . Good luck with them. I have heard of others doing that but not the results.   Good morning everyone !!!!!
Hi granny girl, yep that means I get to have more. Just set 22 more eggs
Lisa, Omg, how lucky are you ? thats a lot of babys to not have to take care of. does that mean you can start over ? LOL  Camping, you need your sleep ! they are supposed to entertain themselves .  Pasuit, would be interested to find out how they do. I have put eggs in the fridge then wished i hadnt . Good luck with them. I have heard of others doing that but not the results.   Good morning everyone !!!!!
Hi granny girl, yepper that means I got more eggs. Set 22 this evening, 14 of which are Swedish Flower. This only gets to happen cuz with momma raising the others the brooder box is empty :woot woot!

Thank you!! I'll take some more pictures tomorrow and give you a virtual tour, haha. :) The gravel that were using is called '3/8" pea gravel' by the quarry, is that like regular pea gravel? Not sure if this is a little bigger. We didn't rent one of those pounding machines that kind of settles the gravel, so it's comfortable to walk on at about 2 inches deep. We've probably had 47295 discussions about this, but he's making it more like 4 inches deep. Oh well. He'll figure it out, lol. :) I guess as long as he gets the pile of gravel off the driveway I'll be happy. :) We got 4 cubic yards of gravel, I think it was like $32 per yard. Not too bad. Way less than having them come and put concrete in, that's for sure! :)

In other news, our old mean rabbit finally crossed the rainbow bridge a couple of days ago. She was 11 years old and staying alive out of spite. ;) She is now planted under a new lavender bush. I love all living things, but it was definitely her time. Lucky for her she only ever bit me and DH, and not the kids.
Wow that's a bunch of gravel, thank goodness I don't have to haul all of it by one wheelbarrow full at a time. Hope you all don't as well!

my favorite !  the red daylilly :love Your flock is way to small. keeping my fingers crossed for a 100% hatch .:fl   My GS counted mine, I didnt want him to. didnt want to know at ALL !  I have 72 .:oops: Tom never blinked an eye. no wonder my food bill is so high.
Not a bad number granny, you've got some wiggle room yet
1f602.png

I am jelous Lisa, I have been looking for a couple swedish. they had 2 chicks at the swap. One was 15 and the other was a dollar. of course i got the dollar one with the messed up leg. All my research leads to twisted leg. (bad diet) its not getting better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom