grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
no ma'am.

I might be a young 44, but have fertilized and hatched 7 eggs.  no cockerel here!!
I've only fertilized and hatched one. I found out quick that when a hen has a chick, the roo is own his own . So I try hard not to fertilize no more eggs. Hope I don't get sent to freezer camp now. :oops:

I've only fertilized and hatched one. I found out quick that when a hen has a chick, the roo is own his own . So I try hard not to fertilize no more eggs. Hope I don't get sent to freezer camp now.
hide.gif

Well, as long as you continue to prove yourself a good flock leader - protective, providing, etc. - *and* don't become too human aggressive you should be okay.

My folks told me that they thought they could love anyone more than their own kids until they became grandparents.. It's a family tradition to be a better grandparent then parent. I already spoil all the new babies my friends are having. They are in their 20s.. I am happy to be out of the baby stage.

Well, as long as you continue to prove yourself a good flock leader - protective, providing, etc. - *and* don't become too human aggressive you should be okay.
Oh I'll protect the flock til death. No one messes with my hens period. I still have to spur the older roos once in awhile just to prove I belong. But I still respect my elders. I don't spur em to hard.

You batten down the hatches at your place, @granny hatchet - looks like we're going to have a bit of weather today/tonight!
You know, I've been lamenting the fact that the weather is making it hard to feel like Christmas - and missing winter in the mountains - but then this morning I saw on my newsfeed a release from the emergency management where I grew up stating that power is currently out in a large part of the county due to snow/ice, expected to be out for up to two days.........maybe 70 and rainy isn't so bad.

this is no joke.

I love kids, love being a Papa, and now get to enjoy being a Pappadaddy. no way I could of had just one.

I would gladly suffer, being on my own, or would even suffer thru labor pains for my wife to have kids. All of my mistakes growing up, and even the ones I make now, can't erase the joy I have garnered from my kids. I just hope when I die, that at least one good thing can be said about me, and that is "He was a great dad."

you see our time here on earth, should be a struggle, and a suffering. I just hope that I've taught my young'uns, that in the suffering and struggle, you can find some joy and happiness, in your babies, and you pass that wisdom on, and then they pass it on.

Traditions, and owning land for generations in one family, family heirlooms that came over on the mayflower, that is great stuff, but just please let it be said of me, that I was a great dad. That I was mean to them, but fair, that I was tough on them, but I loved them.

and never once, thru all of my toughness, did they ever question my love for them.

Let my babies carry that tradition on.

Merry Christmas folks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom