grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roost..... Tillie is the one suffering the worst, and yes she is still alive. I am treating her for high BP and heart failure. I have drained her belly twice. ( heart failure causes fluid to leak into the abdominal cavity.) The entire flock turned up with labored breathing and clicking heart valves, starting this past fall. I have determined that my water contains too much salt, (we dont drink the well water) and they all developed arterial hypertension. I have been running distilled water through the flock for almost two weeks and I am no longer seeing labored breathing or clicking valves. Tillie is on Hawthorn to reduce her BP. Not sure if she can pull through, but at least I saved the flock. Still have hopes for my Tillie....she is the love of my life!

I know ! I will go check a few eggs and see where their air cell is at. BB in a couple.
Ok granny, will be waiting
1f60a.png

Roost..... Tillie is the one suffering the worst, and yes she is still alive. I am treating her for high BP and heart failure. I have drained her belly twice. ( heart failure causes fluid to leak into the abdominal cavity.) The entire flock turned up with labored breathing and clicking heart valves, starting this past fall. I have determined that my water contains too much salt, (we dont drink the well water) and they all developed arterial hypertension. I have been running distilled water through the flock for almost two weeks and I am no longer seeing labored breathing or clicking valves. Tillie is on Hawthorn to reduce her BP. Not sure if she can pull through, but at least I saved the flock. Still have hopes for my Tillie....she is the love of my life!
How terrible TwoCrows, glad you found out what was causing it, but I can't imagine having to buy bottled water for my flock. Sure hope your best girl gets better :hugs

How terrible TwoCrows, glad you found out what was causing it, but I can't imagine having to buy bottled water for my flock. Sure hope your best girl gets better :hugs

Thanks! Once I get them cleaned out, I am going to add ACV to the water every day. The ACV will help to cancel out the salt and allow it to pass easier through their systems, so they say.

Thanks! Once I get them cleaned out, I am going to add ACV to the water every day. The ACV will help to cancel out the salt and allow it to pass easier through their systems, so they say.
oh that's good, sure hope it works out. I use ACV in my waterers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom