grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: Cochins are really sweet birds. If yours end up being hens, they can go with your sweet Silkie rooster.

Quote: Is Mille fleur a breed or a color? I don't know. Maybe those are calico? Do cochins come I'm calico?
I think it's mostly a color. Cochins come is all sorts of colors. It's a very old breed.

Red, its my understanding that shipped eggs are a nightmare. I failed twice. I dont know If wishing or sally ever were able to hatch them.

They will be flying in a day or two. Right after I took this picture he glided off of the porch out into the yard. But then he couldn't take off again. I caught him and put him back on the nest. He was warm and soft.
1f60d.png

Papa, a RIR x Leghorn cross will get you white pullets that lay a shiny tinted (tan) egg.

Unless of course you can get a hold of some of that "special" feed...........
1f389.png
1f389.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f389.png
1f389.png
feed em skittles. It does the same thing lol.

I have no idea if mine is show quality. Bobby is a judge. I could get better pictures and ask him. Its all about how they carry themself. length of legs. chest out, short back. 
thanks for that link. They seem to be very hard to find. I've never seen one around here.

Cochins are really sweet birds.  If yours end up being hens, they can go with your sweet Silkie rooster.

I think it's mostly a color.  Cochins come is all sorts of colors.  It's a very old breed.
thanks wishing. I hope they're all hens. I hear the makers of that New feed are fixing to put out a New egg wash that you can wash your eggs before incubation to get all hens :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom