grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
woot.gif
jumpy.gif
for camping's pips!!

Last edited:
Quote:
I had never heard of a Norwegian Forest Cat until granny told us about her Binks. I wonder how you tell the difference between Norwegians and Maine Coons, which is what we think Henry is in part. Neat thing about him, and ALL THAT FUR, is that is does not mat! He has never had a single mat. I had rescued a Persian, cute little cat, but oh the matting was horrible. Put me off the breed entirely.

I had never heard of a Norwegian Forest Cat until granny told us about her Binks.  I wonder how you tell the difference between Norwegians and Maine Coons, which is what we think Henry is in part. Neat thing about him, and ALL THAT FUR, is that is does not mat!  He has never had a single mat.  I had rescued a Persian, cute little cat, but oh the matting was horrible. Put me off the breed entirely. 
I don't know much about Maine Coons except that they're a big, thick bodied cat with ringed tails..like a 'coon'. NFC's are long and tall with a ruff around their neck, long hair and big fluffy plumed tail. Lincoln has only had a few mats. I used to have a Persian a long time ago, they're so fragile, with bad allergies and the matting is terrible. I kept her shaved alot of the time, just couldn't keep up with it. I still wouldn't turn one down tho, with their cute little smooshy faces.
1f63a.png

Yeah, I miss my little buddy. He went everywhere with me, except to other people's houses who had dogs ..because of the Big Dog personality!
That's a funny story about Mare's 'interloper' and 'the real Slim Shady'! My Tux is a tuxedo kitty so she could be mistaken for another cat, except she's small. But I've never seen another cat like Lincoln, pretty sure he has some Norwegian Forest Cat in him, he's HUGE, but it had to be his dad, because his mom and grandma are just your basic black & white barn cats.

LOL - never a dull moment here. It was funny, I had just been saying something to my daughter the other day about how we hadn't had any strays show up for a while (well, except for Nacho, the cat that is supposed to belong to our neighbor but thinks he lives here) and then there he was.

I had never heard of a Norwegian Forest Cat until granny told us about her Binks. I wonder how you tell the difference between Norwegians and Maine Coons, which is what we think Henry is in part. Neat thing about him, and ALL THAT FUR, is that is does not mat! He has never had a single mat. I had rescued a Persian, cute little cat, but oh the matting was horrible. Put me off the breed entirely.

Our Sheldon has been identified as a Maine Coon mix - and, yes, the fur is totally different than most long haired cats. I love the personality and quirks.

The guy on the mower said he saw the guineas kill a snake this morning. I guess he didn't sit and watch? I sure would have. Wish he had called me, too.
LOL - one of my leghorns got a snake the other day - resulted in the entire flock engaged in a game of chase back and forth across the pasture trying to get it away from her until she was able to get it turned around enough to choke down. Apparently the cats also drug in a little one while i was away - not sure if it was the mild winter, or the weird weather we're having now but two snakes in as many weeks is not giving me warm fuzzy feelings about the rest of this year, we usually only see one or two in a whole year -- definitely motivated me to get out and get the pasture knocked down this week, one downside of no more grazing animals to keep the growth down out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom