grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also posted this at Sally's:

Does this look like labor? She's usually the first one to the door looking for treats, but she's laying down and hanging around by the pop door.

Last edited:
Also posted this at Sally's:

Does this look like labor? She's usually the first one to the door looking for treats, but she's laying down and hanging around by the pop door.

I know zero about goats, but when I saw your kidding calendar, I was going to say today, since it hadn't been taken. So yes! Looks like she is going into labor! Twins by tonight is my guess!! (cheating, I know!
big_smile.png
) It's good this isn't her first time and she knows the routine. I'd be a nervous wreck!

At least I have 2 other chicks, EE and blue Wyandotte that are still looking girly.
hmm.png

Also posted this at Sally's: Does this look like labor? She's usually the first one to the door looking for treats, but she's laying down and hanging around by the pop door.
I know nothing about goats but does she have any type of discharge?
That's what Mike has asked, too. I haven't seen it yet. Does that happen before labor or during? Maybe she's in like a pre-labor?

Also posted this at Sally's: Does this look like labor? She's usually the first one to the door looking for treats, but she's laying down and hanging around by the pop door.
I know zero about goats, but when I saw your kidding calendar, I was going to say today, since it hadn't been taken. So yes! Looks like she is going into labor! Twins by tonight is my guess!! (cheating, I know!:D ) It's good this isn't her first time and she knows the routine. I'd be a nervous wreck! At least I have 2 other chicks, EE and blue Wyandotte that are still looking girly. :/
She's not acting like herself, which might be the only warning she gives me. Of course I have to go to town, so Murphy will have them delivered by the time I get home. :/

Quote: That darn Murphy! Got me too on the EE chicks.
rant.gif

Go into town really quick and get back so you don't miss it, just in case! I do know with horses, the fetus turns and "drops" a few days before birth, and your doe's bottom line looks lower to me. The laying down part horses do right at the beginning of labor. Up and down, up and down. It's the best sign for them.

That's what Mike has asked, too. I haven't seen it yet. Does that happen before labor or during? Maybe she's in like a pre-labor?
Hi Camping, you'll see discharge before, during, and after labor. I don't have goats, but have seen or helped alot of calvings.

Thanks GNS! I've yet to see any. But I think it will get gross soon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom