grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, Im home and wore out. Runt being a PITA ? Thanks for sticking up for me.
hugs.gif
Camping, do you remember about a day before you went into labor with your littles losing your cervical plug ? Thats what they are talking about. Its just a small thing of mucus maybe blood tinged that helps keep infection out . If you look and or feel you can tell if she is having contractions. Just from all you have said I will put my guess in for early am. tommorow.

Hey all, Im home and wore out. Runt being a PITA ?  Thanks for sticking up for me. :hugs    Camping, do you remember about a day before you went into labor with your littles losing your cervical plug ? Thats what they are talking about. Its just a small thing of mucus maybe blood tinged that helps keep infection out .  If you look and or feel you can tell if she is having contractions.  Just from all you have said I will put my guess in for early am. tommorow. 

First was induced then emergency c section, second was scheduled c section. No plugs for me. But I've googled lots of goat pics by now. :lol:

A freemartin or free-martin (sometimes martin heifer) is an infertile female mammal with masculinized behavior and non-functioning ovaries.[1] Genetically the animal is chimeric: Karyotyping of a sample of cells shows XX/XY chromosomes. The animal originates as a female (XX), but acquires the male (XY) component in utero by exchange of some cellular material from a male twin, via vascular connections between placentas: an example of microchimerism.[2] Externally, the animal appears female, but various aspects of female reproductive development are altered due to acquisition of anti-Müllerian hormone from the male twin.[3] Freemartinism is the normal outcome of mixed-sex twins in all cattle species that have been studied, and it also occurs occasionally in other mammals including sheep, goats and pigs.

wow very interesting

Have 7 chicks, 2 more pips. No pis among maran eggs. Had the hughest egg today. Thought it would have a triple yolk because it was 2.5 X as big as usual eggs. 1 hugh yolk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom