grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Linda! Ham isn't too bad is it? Lots of free time once it's in the oven. Although, I confess I've never cooked one!
big_smile.png

Good morning everyone! Very cool and breezy here.
Linda, I hope you don't get too hot in chamber and that y'all feel much better by this eve and get some rest.
Kids should drop about tomorrow... lol (like I have a clue 'bout goats)
Does this Blue Orpington think she has me fooled, or do I have her fooled? She went broody a lil o'er a week ago. Tried taking her off nest 50x's a day for 4 days, didn't work. So read all o'er BYC, tossed her in a wire dog crate in the a.m., w/food, water and nothing else. Left her 'til next eve. Right back to nest she went! Fine! Tossed her back in box for 3 more days, let her out about 45 min. ago.
Right to nest! Dragged her right out and held her (she doesn't like held), to let gusts cool her unders! Set her down, she drank, wandered and pecked a bit, took a nice long dust bath, wandered into coop and went up to farthest roost. Clucked a bit and non chalauntly hopped to closer roost... Time to drag her back out of the nest. Box it is! Maybe I should try putting her to roost after dark and see if that works.

Last edited:
Morning Linda!  Ham isn't too bad is it?  Lots of free time once it's in the oven.  Although, I confess I've never cooked one!  :D

The hams the easy part. It's all the extras that take time. Lol rolls, stuffing, gravy and tators. It will be delicious. I texted my dad I was making a huge ham dinner. He texted back ok I will have a burger. What a stinker!!!

Good morning everyone! Very cool and breezy here.
Linda, I hope you don't get too hot in chamber and that y'all feel much better by this eve and get some rest.
Kids should drop about tomorrow... lol (like I have a clue 'bout goats)
Does this Blue Orpington think she has me fooled, or do I have her fooled? She went broody a lil o'er a week ago. Tried taking her off nest 50x's a day for 4 days, didn't work. So read all o'er BYC, tossed her in a wire dog crate in the a.m., w/food, water and nothing else. Left her 'til next eve. Right back to nest she went! Fine! Tossed her back in box for 3 more days, let her out about 45 min. ago.
Right to nest! Dragged her right out and held her (she doesn't like held), to let gusts cool her unders! Set her down, she drank, wandered and pecked a bit, took a nice long dust bath, wandered into coop and went up to farthest roost. Clucked a bit and non chalauntly hopped to closer roost... Time to drag her back out of the nest. Box it is! Maybe I should try putting her to roost after dark and see if that works.

She really wants to be a mamma!!!

Good morning! Nice cool day here so going to get tons done outside. I hope. Will be checking in for goat updates. :fl Happy Banti Birthday! Granny, how come Tom doesn't have trouble getting dr appointments?
So the udder is looking "shiny" around the teats? Or is that my imagination? The hoo-ha is still clean as a whistle. :rant
According to the young lady on the video granny posted yesterday, the teats will stick out to the side more when she is ready.
I just had ~22 junior-high campers (and three staff) at the farm and we all survived!! The tractor babies were running loose all over. I told the kids that the animals live there, and they don't, and to enter the farm respectfully like it was the preacher's house. Then I said "if you don't have a preacher, then act like you're visiting the queen of England." So some of them spoke to the animals in British accents. :love I wanted them to understand that if they harassed the animals this week, then they would be afraid of campers next week. All the kids did great! :highfive:
British accents! :lau I used to teach jr high science. They are still curious about stuff, especially animals, but the trick is they disguise their interest with tomfoolery. Hope your barfy staff member was a one off and not the beginning of an epidemic. You reacted so quickly!! I bet Murphy is going to hang around until the goat kids. Then maybe he'll move on and give you a break. :hugs
I'm really good at acting quickly and thinking later. :lau
So the udder is looking "shiny" around the teats? Or is that my imagination? The hoo-ha is still clean as a whistle. :rant
[@=/u/65471/mlm-Mike]@mlm Mike[/@]
Yes, she will (should) loose the hair around the teats, so it'll start looking shinny.She is progressing, and it sounded like she's acting abnormal for her, and the not eating her grains is a sign too, although skipping grains I don't believe has ever happened here.
She went back to it later, but usually she's fighting the boys off both buckets because she wants it all. :lau

I forgot to share... Kyle came over last night. Haven't seen him since we moved out of that house. He really misses Oly girl so he spent the evening with her on his lap. After he left he sent me the most beautiful message about how grateful he is to have family he loves so much and can trust to take care of his pup. It brought tears to my eyes. I'm hoping that him and his girlfriend find a spot soon. Love that boy so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom