grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
What??? How much trouble could a preschooler be?

A ton, apparently. First it was three days of not keeping his hands to himself. Today he didn't follow instructions, and something else. It's been 2-3 different things every day. His teacher was DD's teacher last year, best at the school as far as we're concerned. Apparently she's been sick this week, and the helper has been running the class.

this is what I put on FB

Hypothetical : You go to school, do your work but forgot your pencil so you use ink pen . Not really thinking the teacher said use pencils. If you had remembered then you would of gotten 5 points deducted for needing to go to your locker and get one. Turn your work in , teacher takes one look at it, sees it in ink and rips it up. are we teaching math or responsibility ?
Would you be POed ? Thoughts please.

A ton, apparently. First it was three days of not keeping his hands to himself. Today he didn't follow instructions, and something else. It's been 2-3 different things every day. His teacher was DD's teacher last year, best at the school as far as we're concerned. Apparently she's been sick this week, and the helper has been running the class.

That sounds like any kindergarten class I've ever been in. Your pep talks are probably all that's needed.

this is what I put on FB

Hypothetical : You go to school, do your work but forgot your pencil so you use ink pen . Not really thinking the teacher said use pencils. If you had remembered then you would of gotten 5 points deducted for needing to go to your locker and get one. Turn your work in , teacher takes one look at it, sees it in ink and rips it up. are we teaching math or responsibility ?

Would you be POed ? Thoughts please.

You know my thoughts.... Although I will say it's uncommon for teachers teaching AP classes to be so strict. They are usually easier on the kids because of the amount of info they are teaching...

this is regular math. also his homeroom teacher.
Camping, when the teachers away kids know it no matter the age. they take advantage. probably an aid that dont know how to handle littles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom