grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it too thick to boil it hard ? do I have to add water ? dang, Im getting hungry. LOL
well, at least you heard of cushaw, I wasnt sure if that was the right word or not.

We have clay soil. But i added ton of pecan leaves to 1st garden spot. Thats wheere my orchard is now. Add leaves & chicken-horse manure to current garden every fall. We ve been here 37 years

15 yrs. ago. I stood frozen in front of my tv as I assume millions of others did. I had been very excited because as I was living in Mi. My mother and step-father were driving down for DS upcoming birthday from Fl.. My pleasure turned to worry very quickly. There was no way to find out if they were ok . I stood there for hours, watching over and over til I felt the warm embrace of my dear mother wrap her arms around me .It was then I broke down and cried. A horrible day in history. I guess there has been worse but not in my time. Not through my eyes. Every year that passes brings all that back to me. And I cry again. And again I feel my moms embrace.

I have been up most of this night. I drifted off a little after 4am just to wake to pitch blackness at 5:00. The house was still, no light or sound to be had. We had lost electricity and everyone I hoped was sleeping sound. Something you may not know about Granny, she is afraid of the dark. Yup, big bad granny ,askeered of the boogy man. LOL As I laid there in that hateful bed that I had fought against all night and robbing me of my rest I imagined all sort of things going bump in the night. And then I felt it. My mothers warm embrace and I wasnt so afraid anymore. I made my way to the door and headed to the kitchen where I knew my flashlight would be waiting on me and what a site I found. My husband, with every flashlight ,candle and oil lamp we own sitting on the table, waiting for me.
Sometimes, too much is just right. .

Mornings all.
You may not...probably won't believe this, but I do my best work in the dark; just go by feel
wink.png
hide.gif

We have clay soil. But i added ton of pecan leaves to 1st garden spot. Thats wheere my orchard is now. Add leaves & chicken-horse manure to current garden every fall. We ve been here 37 years

clay here too but its worse then clay. cant dig it dry, have to wet it or dig after rain. I dont have any organic in my dirt. Its like concrete ! Been 10 yrs. trying to improve the soil. grass clipping, chicken doo-doo , coffee grounds. Its still aweful. I used to go through 2 shovels a year !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom