Green Egger Naked Neck Thread

Pics
5 hens, Sunday - Friday hatching eggs for the week. A PERFECT week. :)
Looking good. Helps the "new" guys along. I'm seeing some interest in these. Getting ready after this weeks collection of eggs for the hatch a long I'm going to move my hens around to get more of these GENN's to hatch.

Draye, what is your general opinion of this bird? He a youngster, less than 6 months and is supposed to be part americana or whatever (I forgot the exact word)...

I'm thinking of buying him for a couple of points that I can use in at least one of my 'projects'. Thanks for your time.

EDIT: He is supposed to have come out of a blue/green egg that came in a shipment that such a bird did not belong.

Last edited:
Draye, what is your general opinion of this bird? He a youngster, less than 6 months and is supposed to be part americana or whatever (I forgot the exact word)... I'm thinking of buying him for a couple of points that I can use in at least one of my 'projects'. Thanks for your time. [COLOR=FF0000]EDIT:[/COLOR][COLOR=0000CD] He is supposed to have come out of a blue/green egg that came in a shipment that such a bird did not belong.[/COLOR]
From what I can tell, he looks pretty nice, looks to be nice and round, not too rounded like a Orpington. Nice color. I know that color isn't all that for production, but I like nice colors to look at. I can't see tge comb well, but is it a ora comb? Are you putting him with NN hens? If you could find a couple of Ameraucana iof Easter Egger hens that would help with the blue/green egg also. Also, find NN hens with Littke but preferably no feathers on tge neck. He looks to be carrying only one copy if the NN gene. That assessment from appearance only.

Last edited:
From what I can tell, he looks pretty nice, looks to be nice and round, not too rounded like a Orpington. Nice color. I know that color isn't all that for production, but I like nice colors to look at.

I can't see tge comb well, but is it a ora comb?
Are you putting him with NN hens? If you could find a couple of Ameraucana iof Easter Egger hens that would help with the blue/green egg also.

Also, find NN hens with Littke but preferably no feathers on tge neck. He looks to be carrying only one copy if the NN gene. That assessment from appearance only.
Here are a couple more pics...one to show you the comb better ....one of the primary points of interest for me along with the egg color (for my daughter.

Looks like a good one. I'd say go for it and at least give him a try.

Thanks for the ovation!

What kind of comb would you say this is? They're asking $10 bucks for him and I know shipping will be a bear but I will cut them a pretty good check for their time and trouble, after he gets here and has been through quarantine for about 6 weeks. I will put a couple worthless old hens in with him, just to reduce stress.

Thanks again.

It looks like a modified pea comb. Maybe crossed with a rise comb, the best I can tell.
After seeing it I was thinking add more of the green egg layers to make sure the blue egg gene passes on. It will cut down on the number if NN offspring.
Another thought though is see if you can't locate some pea combed pullet/hens.
Other than the comb, and it isn't really that bad, I'd definitely get that rooster especially at $10.00.

It looks like a modified pea comb. Maybe crossed with a rise comb, the best I can tell.
After seeing it I was thinking add more of the green egg layers to make sure the blue egg gene passes on. It will cut down on the number if NN offspring.
Another thought though is see if you can't locate some pea combed pullet/hens.
Other than the comb, and it isn't really that bad, I'd definitely get that rooster especially at $10.00.

Thanks again...I'd planned to have him cover a few of these nice Buckeyes and Dark Cornish pullets running around here, sorta as the first order of business after isolation...just to see what he doing with that. All chicks should be pea combed in some way and should make nice meat birds.

When you have something later on...perhaps we can work out something. Ariel has given up her apartment in Louisville and she and Jason are going there for a couple of long yard sales and to bring back some things that she will not part with (women)...lol

She has agreed to stay here for as long as I will allow and that will be as long as she lives if she so wishes.

Bottom line...she's made a complete turn-around. She's getting stronger in every way and even has a boyfriend coming around.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Thanks again...I'd planned to have him cover a few of these nice Buckeyes and Dark Cornish pullets running around here, sorta as the first order of business after isolation...just to see what he doing with that.  All chicks should be pea combed in some way and should make nice meat birds.

When you have something later on...perhaps we can work out something.  Ariel has given up her apartment in Louisville and she and Jason are going there for a couple of long yard sales and to bring back some things that she will not part with  (women)...lol

She has agreed to stay here for as long as I will allow and that will be as long as she lives if she so wishes.

Bottom line...she's made a complete turn-around.  She's getting stronger in every way and even has a boyfriend coming around.

Thanks again.

Welcome. I hope she continues to do the right thing. These hobbies sure helps out.

That is a good ideal on the Buckeyes and Dark Cornish though. The offspring should tell if he is carrying the blue egg gene. If you keep the pullets that long that is.

Back
Top Bottom