Green Egger Naked Neck Thread

Pics
From my New Years Day Hatch I had 6 Green Egger Naked Necks to hatch. 4 were rooster ( they are gone now) and 2 pullets one of them is single combed so she will be sold. Here us a picture if the only one that I'll have left from that hatch. 10 weeks today.

Here are a couple more pics...one to show you the comb better ....one of the primary points of interest for me along with the egg color (for my daughter.
Can I butt in?

At a glance in first picture it did look like probable modified pea comb but with further pictures like this... it's not too easy to see the comb clearly but in this picture above, it's too broad for a pea comb... it could pass for a typical result of rose comb crossed with single?

Normally, pea also reduces the wattles a lot, but his are still within the range making it even harder to tell.

If the seller does not have single combed blue eggers- like isbar, legbar, then maybe he is walnut combed.. it's genetic pea plus rose. If the seller has rose combed NN and only ameraucanas or easter eggers then this is a likely combination.

Can I butt in?

At a glance in first picture it did look like probable modified pea comb but with further pictures like this... it's not too easy to see the comb clearly but in this picture above, it's too broad for a pea comb...  it could pass for a typical result of rose comb crossed with single?  

Normally, pea also reduces the wattles a lot, but his are still within the range making it even harder to tell.

If the seller does not have single combed blue eggers- like isbar, legbar,  then maybe he is walnut combed..  it's genetic pea plus rose.    If the seller has rose combed NN and only ameraucanas or easter eggers then this is a likely combination.

Butt ins are welcome. I have a eye problem and I only have my phone to look at tge pictures, so I was only calling what I could see. Wasn't positive but I thought it was at least particle rose comb, but thought it may have been my eyes.

Hellbender you may want to get a little clearer picture before you commit to him. Just a thought. Maybe ask them for a description also.

Kev, if it is a walnut comb how would that affect the blue egg gene?

I have laptop linked up with HD tv(I don't have the easiest time seeing either) and it is still hard to see the comb clearly. Can't even imagine trying to see it on a phone...

great idea asking for clearer pictures and asking what breeds the seller had. Just realized, the roo doesn't seem to show any traces of muff/beard.. that's a problem if the seller supposedly has pure ameraucanas but no big deal if they actually are EE- non-bearded isn't all that rare.

Walnut comb has no effect on blue egg gene. Rose comb is separate gene on different chromosome. The only tricky part is making sure you are keeping true walnuts not rose comb only birds in your flock due to the pea-colored egg linkage.

I've had rose comb colored eggers, but then the colored egg- pea comb linkage was already broken in my flock a long time ago.

Can I butt in?

At a glance in first picture it did look like probable modified pea comb but with further pictures like this... it's not too easy to see the comb clearly but in this picture above, it's too broad for a pea comb... it could pass for a typical result of rose comb crossed with single?

If the seller does not have single combed blue eggers- like isbar, legbar, then maybe he is walnut combed.. it's genetic pea plus rose. If the seller has rose combed NN and only ameraucanas or easter eggers then this is a likely combination.

Thanks Kev...they got the egg in a deal and he hatched out. Not sure what he's supposed to be as she hasn't gotten back on that question but I'm almost certain to buy him...

Back
Top Bottom