Guard Cat!

Miss Ducky

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 29, 2010
Michigan
I think my cat is protecting my ducks. Well, not really, but I'll always see him out there, either on the beach or patrolling the shore of the pond!!
lol.png

my ducks hang out with my cat, but i dont think she (the cat) cares much for them. She dont leave, she will just sit there till the ducks leave.

We have a cat in the neighborhood that sort of belongs to everyone. He loves to come hang out with the ducks. At first I was worried about him but he hasn't bothered them at all. I think he wishes he had a flock to hang out with. If anything the ducks let him know when he has worn out his welcome and chase him off.

My cat stays clear off the ducks. The cat was trying to catch a small finch and the shrub and the ducks attacked her. She ran like no tomorrow, now she will not get near the ducks. She will not go out through the dog door into the backyard, if they are there. Its funny to see her stick out her head and they come right back in and cruising for the dog door in front of the house. Out cat is a good huntress, but she will not take on the rat we have under the pallet behind the shop. She prefers to catch snakes, bats, and chipmunks just to release them into the house. Mice she kills and eats, but that is it when it comes to eating critters.

Quote:
I have 2 cats that I brought up with rabbits and if anything they would run from the rabbits, they also used to sit and watch the Magpies (birds in the U.K...not ducks) eat their cat food out the dish...that was after a good old pecking from the birds. So now Ive got ducks Im sorta hoping that in time the ducks will kick some cat booty. I have put up goat fencing so the cats can not squeeze through the holes into the duck enclosure but then can fit through the cattle fencing I have in the other small pen that the minis and goats take turns in sharing...the ducks will be able to go in there too so I know that it will only take time for my cats to get attacked by the ducks...fingers crossed, thats what Im hoping for anyway.

My cat hangs with all the chooks and ducks, but loves my horse the most. He'll hide in her hay and when she comes to eat, he'll pounce on her muzzle and grab the hay she was trying to eat then hides back in the hay again. She doesnt mind at all, just keeps eating what she manages to swallow lol. She always tickles his belly and grooms him - its so cute. He's even been for a ride on her
big_smile.png

He tried to play the hay-game with the gelding I have but the horse got quite a shock from the cat pouncing out of his hay and didnt appreciate getting disturbed while trying to eat at all
tongue2.gif

Quote:
Aaah, I bet that is cute to see. My cats used to hang about with the horses...that was untill I got a mini mule. Now the cats know to stay on their own side of the fence. I have seen the cat go into the pasture, sort of creeping low hoping the mule doesnt see him and the next minute the mule is chasing the cat, she makes more of a game of it tho, kicking up her heals, braying and head throwing but I dread to think what would happen if she did catch 1 of the cats. The mule has also jumped th fence to chase next doors dog away..that was before I had electric fencing put up to keep her in. I would be woken up in the morning to cars beeping their horns and it would be a case of....thats darn mule is out AGAIN
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom