Guinea hatch

JenzFowl

In the Brooder
May 1, 2024
I have 16 guinea eggs in my incubator. I purchased them at a farmers market. Ive been candling and noticed different development stages for a few, so some eggs were older than others by a few days? Anyway, one hatched at day 22 if my count is correct. Could be day 25...since i have no concrete idea how old the egg was. I immediately took the egg turner out and started lockdown. But now I'm unsure...its been 8 hours and no other chicks have hatched. No sign of any pipping. Did I endanger my unhatched babies? Should I remove the hatched keet and put the egg turner back in?

What day did you set your eggs? If they were all set at the same time, they are all the same age. What model incubator are you using? Do you have separate calibrated thermometers or hygrometers? Most likely you have hot and cold spots in your incubator, causing the eggs to develop slightly faster or slower than anticipated. I would leave the turner out of the incubator and go ahead and set the eggs in lockdown early if you haven't already. Leave the keet in until he's dry. They can go without food or water for a few days after hatching so he'll be okay in the incubator for now.

Set, I think, April 20th. We have a Nurture Right 360. It has temp and humidity control, automatic turner, and a countdown. The eggs all turn in a circle so they visit each area of the incubator over the course of the day. We set it for 25 days and it counted down to day 7...then we got a chick.

Set, I think, April 20th. We have a Nurture Right 360. It has temp and humidity control, automatic turner, and a countdown. The eggs all turn in a circle so they visit each area of the incubator over the course of the day. We set it for 25 days and it counted down to day 7...then we got a chick.
Couldn't have been set the April 20th... they'd only be 11 days old! The NR 360 usually has good reviews, but it's still advised to have separate calibrated thermometers/hygrometers. I guess just wait and see if anymore hatch in the next few days.

Sorry, i was counting backwards when i can barely count forwards! Lol! But ya it was on day 7 till hatch. Ok, thx! I'll just wait then! Appreciate ur advice! Thank u!!

Back
Top Bottom