Has anyone else noticed this?

AllTheseCreatures

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 21, 2010
Skykomish River country, WA
I should preface this by saying these are all products I buy regularly. Same brands I always buy

I opened a bottle of A1 steak sauce(I know that is an abomination
lol.png
) last week. It was RUNNY. I shook it, still runny. Then last night, I cracked open a jar of Classico Alfredo sauce. RUNNY!!! Usually I have to use a spatula, but nope, it just poured right out. I opened a container of sour cream and . . . runny. I opened a can of Cream of Chicken soup, it looked very different. Much less opaque like they used less milk.

So I guess in the face of rising costs instead of changing the packaging size or changing the price, they're just watering it down? It's frustrating.

I have taken to making most of those things from scratch because the quality of food has gone so far down hill it ain't even funny! What irritates me is the size of ice cream cartons - and they raised the price!!!!

Quote:
Glad I am not the only one that noticed that!!! Ticks me off. We are getting half the product for twice the price. Nothing like buying a bag of potato chips either and paying for a half a bag of air!!!

Have you noticed the toilet paper changes? The center tube's diameter has gotten bigger and the entire roll is narrower!

Quote:
Glad I am not the only one that noticed that!!! Ticks me off. We are getting half the product for twice the price. Nothing like buying a bag of potato chips either and paying for a half a bag of air!!!

Start making your own chips - it isn't hard and they taste WAY better.

Make your own condiments and switch to family cloth for number one.
Best way I know to no longer be cheated at the store. Saves lots of money, and far healthier too
wink.png

how about a can of tuna. they started out with smaller portions, now i get lots more "spring water" too.
'

Quote:

Start making your own chips - it isn't hard and they taste WAY better.

Do you have a recipe? I would love to do this! If I leave the bag down where my kids can get to it they can down a whole bag themselves!!!

Back
Top Bottom