Hatch-A-Long; GemmaGA's Very First Incubator Hatch!

GemmaGA

Songster
Jun 11, 2020
NE Georgia (near Athens)
Hello fine people of BYC!

So my husband bought me an incubator for Christmas. We lost some chickens to a predator including my totally awesome, super spectacular roo, Scuba. May he rest in peace. :(

So I decided to try my hand at hatching some eggs - I set them yesterday (02/16/2022). Here's what we've got cookin' over here - the 'mix' eggs could have either a Langshan pappa or a Double Laced Barnevelder pappa:

4 - Silkie (possible Frizzle!)

4- Lavender Orpington

Backyard Mix batch:

1- Copper Maran mix

1 - Sapphire Egger mix

1- pure Barnevelder

1- Australorp Mix

1 - Silver Spangled Hamburg mix

1- Pandenseca mix

1 - Cochin mix

1 - Buff Orpington mix

1 - Brown Leghorn mix

3 - Mystery eggs

Wish me luck! I seem to have quite the variety and it will be interesting to see what hatches out of these and what kind of funky chickens I get out of the mixed batch!

Edit: Did I mention I bought them off ebay? I'll report back on my success - I bought from sellers near to me so the eggs wouldn't spend a lot of time in transit. All of the eggs got here in a day or two max. I'll candle @ Day 4 and see how it's going.

Last edited:
Hello fine people of BYC!

So my husband bought me an incubator for Christmas. We lost some chickens to a predator including my totally awesome, super spectacular roo, Scuba. May he rest in peace. :(

So I decided to try my hand at hatching some eggs - I set them yesterday (02/16/2022). Here's what we've got cookin' over here - the 'mix' eggs could have either a Langshan pappa or a Double Laced Barnevelder pappa:

4 - Silkie (possible Frizzle!)

4- Lavender Orpington

Backyard Mix batch:

1- Copper Maran mix

1 - Sapphire Egger mix

1- pure Barnevelder

1- Australorp Mix

1 - Silver Spangled Hamburg mix

1- Pandenseca mix

1 - Cochin mix

1 - Buff Orpington mix

1 - Brown Leghorn mix

3 - Mystery eggs

Wish me luck! I seem to have quite the variety and it will be interesting to see what hatches out of these and what kind of funky chickens I get out of the mixed batch!

Edit: Did I mention I bought them off ebay? I'll report back on my success - I bought from sellers near to me so the eggs wouldn't spend a lot of time in transit. All of the eggs got here in a day or two max. I'll candle @ Day 4 and see how it's going.
keep me posted!

So it's day 3, I candled some of the eggs and looks like we have some action! A few of the eggs have very dark brown shells so it's hard to tell, and one has a green shell - going to try again tomorrow (Day 4) and then the next day (Day 5) to see how things are progressing!

Feeling optimistic about my first incubator hatch!!!!:fl:jumpy

Back
Top Bottom