Hatch-a-Long - Shipped Eggs, Badly Detached and Wonky Air Cells: Lockdown!

And everyone is drinking and eating and pooping is normalizing. Now I know a bit more about what normal looks like post-hatch. 7 thriving babies. Big Wiggly's gonna make it I think. He's got his feet under him today and is drinking, eating, and peeping, though it still flops a lot while eating or drinking. Just bellies up to the feed. :p

4 days old - we're getting our wings!

4 days old.jpg

Meet the survivors! There was one more, but it just never took off, and in fact died this morning. It's crop was severely undersized, and it put up a good fight, but it was basically fighting a lap band whilst trying to grow. I wish I'd known, I'd have culled it 2 weeks ago.

They moved out to the Bigs coop yesterday, and have a baby gated area they can run into as needed. So far, no issues. The Bigs have seen them for weeks outside off and on, weather permitting.

I had no idea they were going to be crested! Big Wiggly has turned into a fine young cockerel. Scramble is still very wiggly, but also very hand tame. I've loved on her constantly from day one. :p

Attachments

• Bandit.jpg
    Bandit.jpg
    689.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Big Wiggly.jpg
    Big Wiggly.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Excess Roo.jpg
    Excess Roo.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Rando Pullet.jpg
    Rando Pullet.jpg
    601.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Scramble.jpg
    Scramble.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 11
  • Wee Blue Egger.jpg
    Wee Blue Egger.jpg
    387.2 KB · Views: 12
Meet the survivors! There was one more, but it just never took off, and in fact died this morning. It's crop was severely undersized, and it put up a good fight, but it was basically fighting a lap band whilst trying to grow. I wish I'd known, I'd have culled it 2 weeks ago.

They moved out to the Bigs coop yesterday, and have a baby gated area they can run into as needed. So far, no issues. The Bigs have seen them for weeks outside off and on, weather permitting.

I had no idea they were going to be crested! Big Wiggly has turned into a fine young cockerel. Scramble is still very wiggly, but also very hand tame. I've loved on her constantly from day one. :p
They are just too cute!! I love their little crests!!!!!! how old are they again? I have a CCL and can't wait for her crest to start! She is 3 weeks and getting wing/body feathers but just has the fluff head still. LOL

Even more adorable with the head floofs! 😍

Back
Top Bottom