Hatch-Along - Setting eggs week of Feb 4th..anyone else?

Thanks everyone!
hugs.gif

He's breathing and he looks healthy, but he'll have to stay in the egg for at least another 36 hours. These next 2 days are going to be stressful...

So how are everyone's new hatchlings?
My ittybittys are doing great - the chicks from the safeway eggs seem to be slower-growing and a bit more fragile than the EE chicks from my hens. We'll see how they turn out...

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
for your gosling!

still got a dozen and mamma is getting more protective by the day. so cute to see them scurrying around the yard with her. most have wing and tail feathers in now. a few late bloomers though.

I love to see a hen with chicks.

We're hatching in our classroom too! I have one chick that should hatch sometime this week (only 1 out of our first 5 that was fertile/didn't quit) and have about 2 dozen eggs incubating for a hatch the following week! Both my students and I are both extremely nervous and excited! Good luck to everybody else "patiently" waiting!
thumbsup.gif

Good luck! Let us know how the hatches go.

Quote:
Baby chick #1 arrived early!! Meet "Buttercup"! (temp. classroom name). Hoping it's a girl so she can be part of our new classroom coop!

Lol...that's actually a poster hanging up on the bulletin board behind it! The chick actually talks to the kids on the poster more than it does to my students right now! Well...the poster and that neon yellow chick toy (its buddy until the rest of the group hatch out :D)

Gosling update:

Yesterday was very stressful... He wasn't ready to hatch, but he ended up breaking his yolk sac. I quickly chipped away pieces of the shell advoiding the remaining blood vessels. Then I tied of the cord and cut him from the shell. I than put antibiotics on his navel and laid him down on a moist paper towel to rest. He is now dry and starting to walk around so I have high hopes for him.

Very few babies are able to survive something like that. As long as he doesn't end up with a bacterial infection, he should be fine.

Thanks everybody for the prayers. This little gosling is truley a miracle baby.

Gosling update:

Yesterday was very stressful... He wasn't ready to hatch, but he ended up breaking his yolk sac. I quickly chipped away pieces of the shell advoiding the remaining blood vessels. Then I tied of the cord and cut him from the shell. I than put antibiotics on his navel and laid him down on a moist paper towel to rest. He is now dry and starting to walk around so I have high hopes for him.

Very few babies are able to survive something like that. As long as he doesn't end up with a bacterial infection, he should be fine.

Oh no!!! Sounds like a very rough start! But it sounds like this gosling is a fighter!!! Hope it's doing well!
fl.gif

Gosling update:

Yesterday was very stressful...  He wasn't ready to hatch, but he ended up breaking his yolk sac.  I quickly chipped away pieces of the shell advoiding the remaining blood vessels.  Then I tied of the cord and cut him from the shell.  I than put antibiotics on his navel and laid him down on a moist paper towel to rest.  He is now dry and starting to walk around so I have high hopes for him.

Very few babies are able to survive something like that.  As long as he doesn't end up with a bacterial infection, he should be fine.

Thanks everybody for the prayers.  This little gosling is truley a miracle baby. 
Wow! Good luck little gosling! You're in good hands!

Gosling update:

Oh my goodness. I used to take care of preemies (the human kind). That was tough enough. I can't imagine caring for a preemie gosling. I will keep it in my prayers.
It's a sebbie, right?

Back
Top Bottom